We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP.....Early bird wants coffee but where will I get it?

Whitney, Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
GBP.....Early bird wants coffee but where will I get it?

Do the Bahia resorts (Bavaro,Punta Cana,Premier) have coffee and tea available in the lobby early in the morning? I know there are coffee makers in the room and the 24 hour snack bars normally have it but I was wondering about the lobby. Last year at the GBP Coba they would have coffee and tea and assorted pastries available starting at 6:00 am? I enjoy going for a early morning walk to get a coffee. Thanks for any info

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,083 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GBP.....Early bird wants coffee but where will I get it?

At 6.00 am i'm still turning to the other side on the bed... Sorry i cannot help you on this one... :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GBP.....Early bird wants coffee but where will I get it?

The Coba has the assorted pastries as the bus is arriving at that time to pick guests up who are departing on the morning flights. We experienced that one year.

But yes, I believe that you can get a coffee etc at the outdoor snack bar which is located at the beach in between the Ambar and Bavaro sections. I don’t recall the name, perhaps snack bar "Olas"?

Brooklin should be able to give a definitive answer after he recovers from his St Patrick ’s Day festivities!

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
4,299 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GBP.....Early bird wants coffee but where will I get it?

Whats wrong with making the pot in your room, and taking it in your Bubba when you go for a walk? Bubba's like coffee too!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GBP.....Early bird wants coffee but where will I get it?

They have coffee machines in the Bavaro lobby.

The buffet opens at 7:00 a.m., you can ask for a coffee in the plastic cups.

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,341 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GBP.....Early bird wants coffee but where will I get it?

tripleplay,

Coffee/tea etc is available in the lobbies at 10:00 am according to the resort.

However, the main buffet at Punta Cana and Bavaro resorts are open at 5:45 am & the Ambar and Esmeralda main buffets at 7:00 am.

Hope this does help.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Edited: 19 March 2012, 14:11
Whitney, Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: GBP.....Early bird wants coffee but where will I get it?

thanks for you input everyone. I just like going for a walk in the morning and seeing the resort come to life so to speak. I bring my coffee back and sit on the balcony until the rest of the family wakes up . It is on these morning coffee runs and when I am on the balcony you truly see alot of the behind the scenes that we would not see otherwise. I am always very humbled by what I see . My personal opinion is that people who complain about really petty things should perhaps see what I see. No place I have ever been has professed to be perfect nor have I .

Bedford, Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: GBP.....Early bird wants coffee but where will I get it?

Hey Tripleplay,

What I did this year was I took an extra Bubba mug with me. I went to the Lobby of the Ambar or the buffet that they have next to the beach and got it filled there. I like cream in my coffee. They only have milk there, so I took a few of those creamers that you don't need to refrigerate. In Canada Nestle makes them. You may need to look at getting them at a cash and carry type place. i am lucky that in my line of work, I need them for the business, so i took a couple of handfuls before I left.

There is nothing like standing on the beach watching the sun rise with a nice cup of coffee.

Notkevin

London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: GBP.....Early bird wants coffee but where will I get it?

You could always make one in your room and put it a plastic cup and walk out with it.

Th Olas Bar stays open all night on the Beach too.

snooks

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,341 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: GBP.....Early bird wants coffee but where will I get it?

snooky,

It is actually the "Piscis" snack bar next to the Bavaro/Punta Cana large beach pool that stays open overnight. A handy spot for sure.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Warminster...
Level Contributor
344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: GBP.....Early bird wants coffee but where will I get it?

I went to the snack bar around 7:00am and no coffee/tea. Like you I like to walk early and get a good big cup of tea with real milk/cream. Wife likes to have coffee before leaving the room. We were stuck with the coffee maker in the room. Sometimes you just have to rough it...:-)

Chris