We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bubba Mug??

Marlborough...
Level Contributor
324 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Bubba Mug??

I am spending almost 2 weeks at the Majestic Elegance (July 1st) in a club room for our delayed honeymoon. I have been to 3 resorts in Punta Cana before and maybe 15 other islands/Mexico.

I have never heard of a Bubba Mug.

What is it??

Mentioned in this post
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
Majestic Elegance Punta...
16,673 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,142 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bubba Mug??

It's a brand name of insulated mug - some of the sizes look like a mini keg. They are stainless steel, with a colored band, base and lid - black or assorted brights.

While there are those that will only travel with a true Bubba brand insulated beverage holder, really it's become almost a generic term for any reusable insulated, lidded cup. Keeps drinks cold, holds more than the tiny cups the resort uses (fewer trips to the bar and if your resort uses disposables, then using a Bubba is greener, too), and keeps sand out.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bubba Mug??

It is an extremely large insulated cup some coming in 32oz to 60oz sizes, that you carry the beverage of your choice in. Yes it makes us look greedy and boorish at times, but hey it stops 10 trips to the bar and the way I look at it I am helping the enviroment by not wasting hundreds of plastic cups that many times can find their way into the ocean :)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
61,400 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bubba Mug??

Hi

It's an isulated mug

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&sugexp=frgbld&gs_nf=1&cp=7&gs_id=q&xhr=t&q=bubba+keg&rlz=1R2GGHP_en-GBGB430&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1249&bih=511&wrapid=tljp1333386124523012&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=ktt5T63gApD-8QOE5rnMDQ

Bedford, Canada
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bubba Mug??

It is heaven with a handle......

Ancaster, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bubba Mug??

heymoe9, I see that you are from Alaska. Guess that explains why you asked the question about Buba Mugs. Probably not a lot of demand for containers to keep your drinks cold. I will now have to strike off "Bubba Mug Distributor" in Alaska as one of my get rich quick schemes.

Have a great time and take good care of your Bubba!

Marlborough...
Level Contributor
324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bubba Mug??

Wow.

I understand the lack of wanting to walk back and forth for more hot or cold beverages but I wouldn't be caught dead with that.

It's just way too redneck, with no offense to rednecks, for me.

Maybe another style of insulated mug. :)

I think I would only use it for coffee in the morning if I wanted to bring one with me somewhere. I do not drink enough to need 32oz - 60oz of mixed drinks at once.

Maybe I need to drink more? Then again, I am not the type to just sit at the pool bar and drink for extended periods of time.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bubba Mug??

Bubbas come in a 20oz variety too.

In reality, any travel mug will do. They save on the number of return trips to the bar, are good for the environment (saves on those disposable plastic cups), and keeps your drink free from sand while at the beach.

Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
474 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bubba Mug??

They make 20oz Mugs. Check amazon.com for all styles. Also they cut down on pollution. Most resorts just use plastic cups that end up on the beach or in landfill.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
290 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bubba Mug??

I think the 20 oz mugs are the best. Big enough but not too big.

Bedford, Canada
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bubba Mug??

heymoe,

They aren't for everyone and I can understand why there is a stigma of it being for 'rednecks". But I wouldn't be caught dead making 20 trips to the bar for that 6 oz plastic cup full of Presidente only to get it back to my lounger and it be warm and full of sand because I had to lay it down somewhere. My bubba, her name is "Notkelly", can hold 32 oz of that wonderful cold nectur of the gods call Presidente. I can lay Notkelly in the sand with a smile on my face and know that she will keep my beer nice and cold for hours.

If you fancy getting up and taking 6 oz cup after 6 oz cup back to your spot on the beach or beside the pool, have fun. Please don't trip over my outstretched pasty white legs as sit back and enjoy the sun.... and Notkelly and her contents.