We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the best room at Majestic Colonial?????

Hamilton, Ontario...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What's the best room at Majestic Colonial?????

We are planning a trip with another couple. I would like to know the best swim up room in the least busy area. I don't mind a little noise, but it is a vacation after all.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,624 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the best room at Majestic Colonial?????

My guess (as we are not fans of the swim-ups) would be building 2, room number in the teen to mid/late 20's. This will put you mid-way through the pool and a good distance from the main pool bar and kids pool area.

Hamilton, Ontario...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the best room at Majestic Colonial?????

Thanks OBXBum!! can I ask why you don't like the swim ups? I was thinking of going for one.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
226 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the best room at Majestic Colonial?????

I am not a big fan of the swim-ups ... but that's just me. Some are only a few feet from the pool which takes away a little privacy. We also enjoy the view from a 3rd or 4th floor room. We've stayed in ground floor, pool side rooms years ago, but once we moved 'upstairs' we've never gone back down. Have a great trip!! The Colonial is a great resort!!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the best room at Majestic Colonial?????

I agree with Mike and OBXbum...................I don't like the swim out pools either. I'm either on the beach or in the pool socializing. Once I go to the room it's to get ready for dinner so I don't see the need for paying the extra money. Give me a nice balcony with a great view anyday.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,624 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the best room at Majestic Colonial?????

Mike and Bob pretty much summed it up! The "swim up" rooms sound great until you actually realize they can be mere feet from the pool edge and every Tom, Dick, and Mary watching everything that happens in your room.

We prefer building 2 or 3, room numbers in the 30' s or higher. Great view, great location in relation to the beach.

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
158 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the best room at Majestic Colonial?????

our family had rooms 3337,3338,3339 &3340 in building 2 overlooking the poolbar area we found these rooms to be perfect for us,before we went I thought I would want a swim up room for convience with our kids but once we all checked out our rooms no way was it worth upgradeing from what we had,yes i'm sure ppl could watch us on our balcony but we didnt spend much time there,we would head back about 4pm just as the poolgames would get started grab a drink and watch from the balcony was funny at times..then go out again later in the night for a drink before bed to us these rooms were perfect..I can see now after being there how ppl say there is no privacy with the swimup rooms the only advantage i would want from them is their own sun loungers..If I was to go back I would stay in these rooms again:)

Summerside
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's the best room at Majestic Colonial?????

I agree with everyone on the swim up rooms. No privacy at all. In our previous trips, we have stayed in 2320, 2321 and 2322 and absolutely loved the location. Halfway between the beach and the lobby and perfect pool view.

8. Re: What's the best room at Majestic Colonial?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 23:42