We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CHICAGO
Level Contributor
179 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Excellence Punta Cana

Hi!

I am trying to plan my Oct 2012 vacation and am considering Excellence Punta Cana...has anyone been? I'd love to ask some question:

1. How far is the resort from the airport?

2. How is the resorts beach?

3. I read there is a cafe that serves coffees; cappucinos, lattes, espresso based drinks-can someone confirm?

4. Would you recommend this resort? Why or why not?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,620 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

Hi

We have been 5 times

1. 50 - 55 mins direct transfer

2. The beach is huge but the sand is more sand coloured than white like at Bavaro. The ocean is more for playing in that swimming due to the waves and undertow

3. Yes, you can get coffees at all the bars

4. Yes, which is why we have been 5 times and will be going back again later this year

You may want to check out my reviews and also my online album where you will find some large photo albums and videos of the resort

community.webshots.com/user/flipflop_man

Please note that many of the room shots are on non-standard rooms so please check out the labels

phila
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

Yo Flipflop, when are u planing on returning to Excellence PC ??

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,620 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

Probably September or early October

Just trying to package up some resorts for a 21 night trip and EPC just has to feature

phila
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

Looking early November ? Hopping to meet up and have a cold one or two

Ocean Springs...
Level Contributor
207 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

I went to EPC last year (August) and it was nice. I highly recommend club if you choose to go - we throughly enjoyed the perks and lounge area!

Lima, Oh
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

We have been there each of the last eight years. The last several in late Oct. We love the beach! It goes on forever. Soft, clean sand. Lots of palapas, chairs, beach beds and palm trees. The staff here is awsome! The food is good. The activities are fun. The pools are great! The grounds are emaculate. The lay out is perfect with short walks to where ever you want to go.

When in Oct. were you thinking? We will be there the 19th - 28th.

Happy to answer any other questions.

Mike

CHICAGO
Level Contributor
179 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

Thinking the 18-27! Is the water real rough or is it to snorkle in?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

The sea at the Excellence is can be very rough as it is the Atlantic Ocean. We have just come back after spending 15 days there. The red flag was flown every day and out the whole time we were there, only 3 days the sea was very calm. There are trips you can do that will allow you to snorkel.

RobandLisa

Lima, Oh
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

The water is much calmer down the beach five min. to the right. It is blocked by a reef. I have heard mixed reports as to how good the snorkeling is there.

I love to grab a boogie board at the sports equipment complex and take it out.

Mike

Dumfries, United...
Level Contributor
312 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

We are returning again this year too! It's interesting to note how many repeat customers there are. That must mean something!

The beach is HUGE! The water is a hoot. The resort is special. Not perfect, heaven forbid, but special.

Jimmy