We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana Weather

Toronto, Canada
12 posts
Save Topic
Punta Cana Weather

were heading to GBP Ambar this week- The weather Channel says rain.... does it rain for long? does it rain every day?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,865 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Cana Weather

weather is weather. usually this time of year it does not rain long. if the forcast says rain, don't forget rain can happen at night or early morning also...not just between 10-4.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Cana Weather

It will usually rain at night or for about 30 minutes in the early morning or late afternoon.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
350 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Cana Weather

I have been watching the weather on the internet - weather.com for 4 mos and 90% of the time it says rain! I have heard though that most of the time the weather is nice. But, to be safe we'll be packing an umbrella or two and some ponchos! :) April - May traveling time.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,865 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta Cana Weather

Rooms often have umbrellas, save room pack a bubba keg!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
2,419 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta Cana Weather

Stop

Looking

At

The

Weather

Forecast!!!

Your welcome.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
350 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Punta Cana Weather

Great tip - thanks! ;)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,274 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Punta Cana Weather

I've definitely found online weather forecasts to be inaccurate................don't let the threat of rain put a "damper" on your vacation...................you'll have lots of sunshine and blue skies..........

boston
Level Contributor
368 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Punta Cana Weather

I'm here now and weather is great. Last week on Weather.com it said 60% chance of rain for this week. As others have said it is very regional here. What can be rain in one area will be sunny skies a few miles away. I've been here 7 times in April and never had bad weather. It has rained but I've found that to be mainly in the evening and we have seen downpours. You just have to stop looking at those weather sites and come down and have a great time no matter what happens with the weather. Even at home in Boston, I don't take what the weather guy says to heart. I get up in the morning and look out the window, see what the day might bring and take it from there.

Detroit
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Punta Cana Weather

We arrived on Thursday. Haven't seen a drop of rain yet. Just blue skies and sun. Yesterday we had a bit of overcast in the afternoon but it was a nice break from the usually blazing sun.

Toronto, Canada
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Punta Cana Weather

Thank you everyone... I think I need to relax. oh yes, soon, in 6 days I will be!!!!

V