We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia Royal, Punta Cana Princess, Gran Bahia Ambar

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southgate...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Catalonia Royal, Punta Cana Princess, Gran Bahia Ambar

Trying to decide between these 3.

Prefer smaller resort so not sure about the Ambar, and the Ambar pricing out a bit more....

Any comparisons or comments?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Catalonia Royal, Punta Cana Princess, Gran Bahia Ambar

the Ambar is just a small Section within a very large Family resort, so it will not meet Your criteria.

the Catalonia Royal is a mid sized Property located on the Calmest Beach, beautiful.

the Punta Cana Princess is the eldest of the 3, rooms are less fancy than at the other 2, but IMHO very suitable, the Punta cana Princess is a small Compact easy to come around Adults Only Hotel and would be out of Your List my first joice for a Adults Only Vacation, and We also like it small and easy to navegate.

and the Punta Cana Princess is even the better Priced Property out of Your List, very well the Money spent/great bang for the Buck.

nothing bad at the Ambar, but for most Amenities You need to venture out to the large Family Portions of the Resort, so not real AO Feel, and I don't like large Properties where a TRam is needed to come around. and I don't see what would justify their higher Rates over the Competitors, it isn't bad but it is not better neither.

Happy travels

Mike

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,525 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catalonia Royal, Punta Cana Princess, Gran Bahia Ambar

I have been to the Ambar, Punta Cana Princess and the regular section of the Catalonia. I agree completely with Mikes's comments above. Out of all of them, we would return to the PCP first as we loved the relaxed, tropical feel of the resort and the beach area was amazing. The service was also outstanding, the best out of all of our stays. The food was better at the Ambar and Catalonia then the PCP so if food is important you might want to consider one of those resorts. The rooms at the Ambar and Royal Cat would be nicer than the PCP as well but the rooms at the PCP are spacious and very clean. We also liked the PCP as it is very compact and you can walk anywhere in about 5 mins. I have reviews and albums posted of the PCP and Ambar if you are interested...........

Overall, you have picked 3 great resorts to choose from and in my opinion you can't go wrong with either of them :-)

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
861 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catalonia Royal, Punta Cana Princess, Gran Bahia Ambar

We were at the PCP a few years ago and had no complaints about the major things like food (was great - chocolate fondue - mmm), service, rooms, beach. If you like nightly shows just walk over to the neighboring resort and watch it there. You can access their a la cartes, etc. as well. I'm not familiar with the other resorts but having looked on a map it seems that when you're at the Catalonia that's it, you're secluded from other resorts not just one of the "strip". This is where personal preference comes in. At the PCP, when we were there at least, we found it to be largely an over 30's, maybe even 40's North American couples age group, not a lot of diversity. Also, end of March the sunbeds/shade were always taken up at the beach during prime time so we'd walk over to the Caribe Princess next door and would always find a spot there among a diverse group of young, old, European, etc. We personally liked that better but as I said, everyone has different likes and dislikes.

4. Re: Catalonia Royal, Punta Cana Princess, Gran Bahia Ambar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 17:16