We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Ocean Blue - questions?

Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
409 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Ocean Blue - questions?

Just back from 2 wk stay at Ocean Blue. Resort was very nice, weather was good, only a couple of days with a few short showers, food was good as was the beach. I will try an answer any questions anyone may have.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
180 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Ocean Blue - questions?

Hi I will be staying at the ocean blue in may and have a few questions:

-did you use the spa and if so what would you recommend?

-did you arrange a transfer to the hotel or take a taxi?

-did you do any excursions?

-did you email the resort in advance to request a room?

Thanks!

Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
409 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Ocean Blue - questions?

I didn't use the spa but our friends did and loved it. I think she had the full body treatment of exfoliation and mud treatment which took an hour I believe. Along with the spa there is a place on the beach with 2 beds where they do messages as well.

We used the transportation supplied through our tour operator which took less than an hour as we were the 2nd drop off.

We took a 4 hr. excursion into Higuey for $35 pp. There were only 4 of us and we stopped at cigar/amber/miramar museum, the famous cathedral and a tour of down town. We also did the zipline trip which was fun and well worth it.

I made my request for rooms when I booked the trip through our travel agent and it was honored which was nice. We stayed in bldg. 9 with pool view and close to the beach.

Hope this helps!

Boston...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Ocean Blue - questions?

Do you know if all the rooms have been renovated? I recently saw pics of the old rooms and didn't know if they were old pics since I had heard they redid all the rooms.

Is there anything specific at Ocean that we should do/see when we are there?

Thanks!

Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Ocean Blue - questions?

what was your favorite resturant?

CHICAGO
Level Contributor
179 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Ocean Blue - questions?

does the resort have a cafe to get espresso coffees; lattes, mochas, cappucinos dailY?

How was the beach?

Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
409 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Ocean Blue - questions?

Dena B., Our room did not show signs of needing renos or did our friends. As far as things to do, the resort offers the usually water sport activities such as kayaks, hobby cats and the banana boat was popular but was offered by vendors on the beach. Off of the resort the zip lines were fun. I saw snorkel boats go by each day and others have said the catamaran trips were good. Hope this helps.

Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
409 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from Ocean Blue - questions?

Pixief, We ate mainly at the buffet but we did go to the La Brasa which was serving the Steakhouse menue and it was very good.

Mariestein, Mike's Coffee is just what your'e looking for. They have all the coffees, teas, lattes and an assortment of pastries. There are a few tables inside to sit down and enjoy and also a courtyard outside with lots of tables.

The beach was very good, lots of sand, lots of loungers and quite a few canopy type sun shelters but you need to be there early to get one (5 am)!

Virginia
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from Ocean Blue - questions?

Did the beach have much/any seaweed? I understand that at some of the resorts, the staff cleans up the seaweed on the sand... but if I'm swimming, I get creeped out if it brushes up against me ... Also - were there waves? We are going in November and are very excited!

Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
409 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from Ocean Blue - questions?

4arls,

As with any beach there was some seaweed washing up but there were workers cleaning it up every morning. There was virtually no seaweed in the water unless it was very windy or a storm.There is a reef about 400 ft out from the beach which breaks the majority of the waves and unless it is very windy, the beach is mainly calm.

coconutbreeze
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from Ocean Blue - questions?

Hi! I just made a post a few minutes ago but I'd love your input on the following:

Are there any shopping areas/markets around this resort or in Punta Cana?

What is the easiest way to get around if you want to visit someplace other than the resort?

What was your favorite activity/thing to do while there?

Thanks!!