We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

daughter, long hair, CORN ROWS?

Thorold, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
daughter, long hair, CORN ROWS?

anyone there at the site that does this a MC? or off site...please let me know...thank you

9 days until paradise!!

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
375 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: daughter, long hair, CORN ROWS?

I've never been there, but here is a bump to your post. Its so cute to see the little girls with their corn rows etc.- I was one of them many moons ago. Here is a tip that I used to do: Bring beads that match her bathing suit, favorite color etc.. The hairbraiders will put them in for her, this way she can ensure that she will be color coordinated. I always found a bathing suit that was aquamarine/aquablue or something similar since it was my favorite color, I always bought beads to match. Walmart or a local hair supply store should have them in the hair accessory aisle. :)

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
2,896 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: daughter, long hair, CORN ROWS?

You can get hair braiding done at a few locations. I beleive they have it down by the Iberostar resorts where all the shopping huts are. 20 minute walk.

Be sure to put sunscreen on the parts of her scalp that will now be exposed!

I've seen some bad sun burns!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: daughter, long hair, CORN ROWS?

There are usually women who walk along the beach to do this if there's nobody at your resort doing it. Another tip, bring spray sunscreen to spray her head in between the rows as they can get really sunburnt.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: daughter, long hair, CORN ROWS?

Haha kdsmith - great minds think alike (I was typing so hadn't seen your post, otherwise I wouldn't have repeated it)!

chicago
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: daughter, long hair, CORN ROWS?

dont over pay, wife gets hers done every yr for $35,, they will tell you $100

offer them $30

Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: daughter, long hair, CORN ROWS?

I have mixed emotions about this. I understand it is the thing to do when you are there, however, just a heads up, it really damages your hair, not to mention, they are a nightmare to take out. Just my two cents.........

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: daughter, long hair, CORN ROWS?

FYI...Make sure you utilize your own comb. There is a possibility of lice being transferred. Looks so cute on little girls and young women.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: daughter, long hair, CORN ROWS?

Sorry, the lice doesn't look cute...I meant the corn rows!

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
375 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: daughter, long hair, CORN ROWS?

Prior1- the rubber bands damage your hair, not the braids themselves..however, they have plastic bands all over the place for around $1 if you want to avoid it- any local pharmacy, Walmart, Target, even Supermarkets in the US and CA, I'm sure many places in Europe as well...I think its a treat for little girls, us women can get a massage they can get their hairbraided- tell them don't do it too small or too complicated- it shouldn't take very long to take out

Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: daughter, long hair, CORN ROWS?

Neo..........good point, my daughter is all grown up now but its good info for others. Does look cute on little girls.