We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
237 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar

Does anyone know if the Iberostar group of resorts give any perks for returning guests, e.g. upgrades or preferred room selections etc, like some other resorts do?

Manitoba
Level Contributor
174 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar

Two years ago we recieved from IBB 2 t-shirts, a bottle of Brugal, and invite to special evening cocktail party as returning guests. We had asked for a specific room block and they did accomodate our request.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
272 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar

We stayed at Iberostar Tucan in RM Mexico two straight years with a group of 20 and had not received any perks as returning guest!

Lisbon,Portugal
Level Contributor
4,971 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar

It's a corporate standard for them.

Edited: 19 April 2012, 15:44
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
353 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar

We stayed at the Iberostar in Mexico for 2 years, and received an upgrade on our second visit.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar

We've been upgraded at the Iberostar Dominicana to a suite at the Bavaro twice plus we got t-shirts and rum for being return guests. In an all-time amazing trip a couple of years ago, we were upgraded to the Presidential suite at the Iberostar Tucan .....THAT was an upgrade to remember!

The Iberostar rocks!

Cindy

Edited: 19 April 2012, 19:20
Boston
Level Contributor
891 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar

On our third visit to an Iberostar property (1 in Riviera May and 2 in D.R.) we stayed at the IB Bavaro. We did get our room request, plus an invite to the manager's cocktail party for repeat visitors; also got a tee shirt and a few other things (can't remember them now). The evening of the party we spoke to an assistant manager and informed him that our room had a water leak from the upstairs bathroom in ours. Within an hour he had all of stuff moved to another room in the same area.

We are returning to D.R. on May 12th and will be staying at the Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro. From what I understand all the rooms are about the same, except for the ocean front rooms; they actually FACE the ocean. I have put in a request for room location and notified them that this is our 5th visit to an Iberostar property. Asked if they might "comp" us a massage instead of the fruit platter and champagne they sometimes have in the room for repeaters. Haven't heard back, so will have to wait until we arrive. Originally asked if they could provide transportation to/from the airport, but that was nixed.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar

I never ask for these upgrades. November will be our 6th Iberostar visit and we have made them in 3 countries. Stayed at the Grand in Jamaica (which was an upgrade since we had no children with us), stayed at the IB Paraiso Del Mar (wanted to see what a low end of the resort was like in case we couldn't afford better) and have stayed at the Bavaro 3 times. LOVE the IB Bavaro !! This year we are staying at the IB Domenicana because as I stated before, one of these days arrived where we couldn't afford better.

Washington DCC- I wonder what the chances of us getting upgraded to the Bavaro would be. I would be in heaven. What time of the year did you go Cindy?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar

Stayed at the IBRH SUITES in montego bay in jamaica in sept of 2011

had a wonderful time there.I will be visiting the IB in punta cana in may of

2012 , do anyone know if this can qualifies for an up grade?

Thanks in advance!

Washington DC
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar

Grumpymailman - The first upgrade to the Bavaro was in May years ago , the second was in August. 2010. The upgrade to the presidential suite in Mexico was in May 2010. Be sure to tell them ahead of time and when you arrive that this is your 6th time at Iberostar.....they are very appreciative of return guests.

Cindy

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar

Thanks Cindy. Appreciate the response. I really don't worry about free upgrades but if this is my 6th visit (not counting how many people I have sent to them) and someones 1st. Hey, take care of me !