We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the Difference Between The Two Dreams in Punta Cana?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jackson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
215 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
What is the Difference Between The Two Dreams in Punta Cana?

Planning 2013 trip and undecided between Hard Rock and one of the two Dreams. Any input appreciated.

Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
409 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the Difference Between The Two Dreams in Punta Cana?

Not sure of the quality of the 2 Dreams but Dreams PB is closer to the airport whereas Dreams PC is one of the farthest from the airport.

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the Difference Between The Two Dreams in Punta Cana?

Did a little reading on this myself, and I think this is how that breaks down.. Dreams Punta Cana is a smaller resort looking to attract couples, Dreams Palm Beach is a bit larger, family oriented resort.

Edited: 22 April 2012, 22:36
York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the Difference Between The Two Dreams in Punta Cana?

Upinthrair....you couldn't be further from the facts. DPC is definitely family oriented and pretty darn big. Having been to both I can say they both have their own high and low lights but we would return to DPB before we returned to DPC.

Jackson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
215 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the Difference Between The Two Dreams in Punta Cana?

Thank you for the information.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the Difference Between The Two Dreams in Punta Cana?

only one is located in/near Punta Cana, and that's the Dreams Palm Beach in Cabeza de Toro, just a 15 minutes from the Airport.

the Dreams "Punta Cana"(yes, I know the name giving is a Trap for guests who book with AM Resorts) is located a 1hrs one way drive (straight on, in case your transfer bus drops guests at an other resort you can add 15-30 minutes to that one way) north of Punta Cana in an Area named "Uvero Alto".

the Dreams Punta Cana I would not name any 'small', and it sure is not Couples gathering, they are promoting to be a family Resort and their Kid's Club is quiet good and receives good Feedback.

over all I find all the AM Resorts managed/advertised Properties far overprized, suggerating the Top Line while offering the usual average. they are good, but IMHO not worth the money they ask for that.

Happy Travels

Mike

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the Difference Between The Two Dreams in Punta Cana?

We went to Dreams Palm Beach last year with our son when he was 7 - we chose it over Dreams Punta Cana because it was closer to the airport and because the ocean there is flat calm and I've read it is much rougher at Dreams Punta Cana and he was not a strong swimmer.

We had a good trip - our son loved the kids club and activities - agree that it was a resort definitely geared for families. We really liked the food and not having to make reservations for the ala cartes/unlimited a la cartes. The room was pretty small and basic - we didn't care for the open concept bathroom.

Last year, the price we paid was pretty comparable to most 4 1/2-5* resorts , but I agree with Mike that it does seem to be overpriced now for what you get, in my opinion.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,831 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the Difference Between The Two Dreams in Punta Cana?

First, it depends on the time of year. We go to Dreams PC every Jan and there are very few kids, just a few toddlers, same with Dreams PB. That changes quite a bit when school is out, it is definately a family resort. Dreams PB is about 15 to 20 with private transfer. Dreams PC is an additional 30 to 35 mins. On a bus in just depends on what other stops are made first. Dreams PC is usually the first stop. Dreams PB is more compact on a nice but busy beach with calmer water. Dreams PC sits by itself with a very large beach and the water can be wavier but still usually not bad to the left side of the beach. It is an easy resort to walk and much more tropical with more diverse restaurants in both the main building and on the beach. Both have nice pools. Dreams PC has more palapas and more shade.Pricing depends on how good a shopper you are. Both Dreams have good prices at times. I was looking at Dreams in October on Orbitz and its about $1100 incls. flight, transfers everything for 7 nights and is one of the lowest priced packages!

Stoney Creek Ontario
Level Contributor
649 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the Difference Between The Two Dreams in Punta Cana?

One thing not mentioned is Dreams Punta Cana has an air conditioned buffet while Dreams Palm Beach doesn't. Might make a difference depending on the time of year you go.

Mckinney
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the Difference Between The Two Dreams in Punta Cana?

OBX

I have 16 and 18 yo kids that like the bigger waves. Have stayed at Hard Rock twice and loved it. Looking to change it up this year. I understand the farther north(DPC), the better the waves. True? HR was awesome for boogie boarding and body surfing. Wife is all about the food. Given that info, would it be safe to assume you would recommend the DPC?

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the Difference Between The Two Dreams in Punta Cana?

Slider...yes the waves will be much bigger at DPC. I can't compare to HR but based on your post DPC should would fit your needs.