We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stanley Cup Playoffs

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Stanley Cup Playoffs

We will be at the Riu Palace Bavaro the week of May 11 - 18. Does anyone know if there will be anywhere to watch hockey? We have been at Riu Palace Aruba during playoffs and had to go off the resort to watch games as the sports bar showed soccer and basketball only. Last May we were at Dreams Puerta Vallarta and the games were shown on a big screen on the beach. It does'nt get any better than that!!

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs

There is a sports bar on the resort with about ten tv,s... They have one channel I think NBC that are carrying afternoon games. We watched a couple of games till detroit got put out but now my husband says hockey is over,lol. The tv in the room has lots of American channels so you may get it there. Good luck, I hope you team wins.!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
532 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Hopefully, we will be watching the Rangers at Ambar next week; hopefully the Rangers will be playing next week and not on vacation. Stay tuned.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs

I bet the Rangers never thought they would get to game 7 with the Senators.....lol. GO SENS GO.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
532 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs

I bet the senators never thought they would get to a game 7 with the Rangers....lol LET'S GO RANGERS

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Well Stephen, Paulette and I plan to be cheering on the Sens next week here in Ottawa after they beat the Rangers. I'm sure you'll still have a good time at the Ambar though...

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs

No they never thought for sure but they are there.

Actually I regret to say that I am really a Montreal Canadians fan...........lol.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs

All right Mom, good attitude. We will wait and see on Thursday. Miracles do happen.

peterborough
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs

We are at the Riu palace bavaro the same week and any such luck Ottawa will be still playing in the playoffs. As Canadians it is the only team presently active in the playoffs and would be nice for them to still be around.

Stayed at the Ambar few years back when the Canadians won the Gold medal and they did show the hockey games and consequently we were called Punta Canadians.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Jeff, have a great time at the Riu.

muskoka ON
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Hockey is finished for me until Leaf's training camp . . . Yep, I'm one of those LOL

Bugs