We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help newbiie never been been to pc what resort

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coral Gables...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Please help newbiie never been been to pc what resort

So excited to be going for two weeks this July. Thinking of the melia, dreams palm beach'or???? Want calm beach, good food , good service any and all suggestions so much appreciated

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help newbiie never been been to pc what resort

royal suites turquesa by palladiumm

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,530 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help newbiie never been been to pc what resort

I would take a look at the Royal Catalonia if you are not travelling with children as it is adults only. It has a nice calm beach. If you are travelling with children the Catalonia Bavaro is great and budget friendly. The rooms are dated but are spacious and very clean, the service was excellent and we had the best food at this resort out of all of our trips. The beach here is really nice and the water was very calm. If you are not travelling with children you might want to stay away from Dreams Palm Beach or the Melia as they are very family oriented. On the other hand if you are travelling with kids these would be good choices - Dreams Palm Beach has a calmer ocean so if you have young children this resort might be better.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help newbiie never been been to pc what resort

so ehat is your travel configuration? Do you want adults only? What is your expected level of luxury? Are you active? Are you foodies? How healthy is your budget? What age range are you in? With a bit more information we can help you better - we can really help to narrow it down.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help newbiie never been been to pc what resort

If you can spare it ,and want a combonation of adults and family

AI, i recommend the MAJESTIC ELEGANCE ( elegance club )

Love it, Love it, Love it !!!!

Coral Gables...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help newbiie never been been to pc what resort

Don't have to have adults only, budget allows for limited luxury, want good choice of al cartes as we enjoy food- sometimes to much! We are active in our fifties. We want a relaxing yet fun filled vacation. We do not spek any Spanish but am trying to learn the basics. Not sure if a stay at one play at others works so well - need advice. Want a very tropical resort setting with good service, friendly staff, beach and or pool service a plus and would like room service. I better stop as ii feel I am asking to much. Thank you for the help as you can see I need it!

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help newbiie never been been to pc what resort

I think Melia would work for you (one of your suggestions) if you did Royal Service (for pool,beach and room service). Very tropical location and feel with many a-la-carte restaurants.

7. Re: Please help newbiie never been been to pc what resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 08:18