We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What vaccinations should you get before going?

Melton Mowbray
Level Contributor
3 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
What vaccinations should you get before going?

What vaccinations do my family need, we are going to Punta Cana in July

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What vaccinations should you get before going?

Did you check with your family Dr.?

If not, please do so.

Boston...
Level Contributor
502 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What vaccinations should you get before going?

Check with your own physician. He is the only one you should be taking advice from on this matter. He has all the updates from the CDC and Government alerts. Have a safe trip.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What vaccinations should you get before going?

I agree with the previous posters to check with your family doctor. For your reference, here is information for Canadians travelling to the Dominican.

phac-aspc.gc.ca/tmp-pmv/…dr-rd-eng.php

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
706 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What vaccinations should you get before going?

Check with your GP. You need most of the vaccines available or at least boosters. From UK you will also be advised to get anti malaria tablets too.

Bay Shore N.Y.
Level Contributor
395 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What vaccinations should you get before going?

Travelled to all parts in the Caribbean and 4 times to the DR with the family and never took any shots before leaving, I find that a lot of folks from the UK and Canada ask the question about shots. Is it promoted by the TAs or personal precautions??

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,777 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What vaccinations should you get before going?

"Is it promoted by the TAs or personal precautions??"

It is promoted/advised by the NHS, Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Travel Agents

murillo
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What vaccinations should you get before going?

I wouldn't leave my city without Hep shots....I had them in the 80's , although i am in the medical field so to speak , is there really anyone that hasn't gotten them ?

wisconsin
Level Contributor
829 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What vaccinations should you get before going?

We have been traveling for 15 years and have never had any vaccines except the hepatis a & b, tetanus and all the other regulars.

9. Re: What vaccinations should you get before going?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 11:41