We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone getting money back from tour operator...majestic fire

nova scotia
Level Contributor
291 posts
Save Topic
anyone getting money back from tour operator...majestic fire

was wondering if any tour operators are giving $ back if you were at the maj colonial during the fire

We were there but have not heard back yet?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone getting money back from tour operator...majestic fire

Customer service complaints at tour operators usually takes minimum 6-8 weeks to get any response back.. just my experience from when I worked at Sunwing..

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,000 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone getting money back from tour operator...majestic fire

What sort of compensation are you asking for?

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone getting money back from tour operator...majestic fire

Any company we have booked with there is always a claus that they are not responsible for acts of nature.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,000 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone getting money back from tour operator...majestic fire

I'm not sure this counts as an act of nature? Wasn't a lightning strike that started the fire, or a hurricane or earthquake or any other natural occurrence. Was a grease fire, from what I read...

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone getting money back from tour operator...majestic fire

But it's out of the control of the tour company. It's not like they changed the package you purchased.

muskoka ON
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone getting money back from tour operator...majestic fire

I would agree Sackie. And from the reports of people actually there at the time (I was not, nor would I pretend to be) everyone had a clean bed to sleep in that night, had food and beverage and had the bonus of being able to use the Elegance ammenities.

What are you seeking compensation for Farmer?

Bugs

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,981 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone getting money back from tour operator...majestic fire

I am also confused - were you directly effected and if so how???

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
994 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anyone getting money back from tour operator...majestic fire

Hay,

I think the hotel did a very good job in a very unfortunate situation.............

All clients affected were taken to another hotel for the night, and then with loss of facilities at the Colonial all clients could use the Elegance.........

I think the Majestics have handeled this situation very well and im sure a lot better than other hotel chains would of done...............

Kudos to the Majestics..............

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: anyone getting money back from tour operator...majestic fire

we need to wait til Farmer tells how He and his Family been directly effected, anything else would be just asumptions.

the Hotel never stopped to run on all they offer in their Brochures, a missing a la carte restaurant is nothing guaranteed at any resort, during low season times the resorts close several of them without any prior notice and without such would be mentioned in the brochures.

unless somebody of Farmers Family been harmed by the Fire for example sitting right there at the moment it started/happened and been burned or such I would not see any reason for any further recompensation than the many the guests there anyways received by useing additional amenities and restaurants etc etc at the attached Elegance, beeing brought off property for the night etc.

from reading the so many postings/feedback from guests who been there when it occured it sounds like the Majestic Colonial handled the surprising situation in the best way a Hotel could have handled such, Heads up and forget recompensations for such.

Happy Travels

Mike

nova scotia
Level Contributor
291 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: anyone getting money back from tour operator...majestic fire

we were there...arrived the day before the fire

i agree that the majestic resort did well under the circumstances.....allowing us to use other pool and restraunts....

we were not physically hurt by the fire, but i will say that is was scarry, i still cant figure out why no fire alarms went off.

that is a concern........i thought fire alarms were suspose to go off when a fire or heavy smoke is present......

i know its a third world country and a firetruck didnt arriv till about 2 hours........

would i return.sure ....buti want the fire alarms working!!!

we heard that all transat people there were getting 100 dollars a day per room for inconviences,,,,,,was wondering ifthat has actually happened?