We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand - Quietest time to go?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand - Quietest time to go?

We would like to visit the Iberostar Grand but enjoy the "slow seasons' the most, having never traveled to the Dominican Republic, we're not sure what time of year is the slowest time (yet still good weather of course!!)

We have been to Jamaica in October, and found that slow and great weather.

Can any recommend the same for Punta Cana/Iberostar Grand?

Thank you!

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand - Quietest time to go?

I have been to the Grand twice in March and once in late Nov./early Dec.

Although I think the hotel was at full capacity both times, the nature of the hotel is "quiet" and has a not crowded feeling. Weather was great both times. I would make my choice based on when you can go and remember that hurrican season is from sometime in late summer to sometime in Oct/Nov.

Clarksville
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand - Quietest time to go?

We were at the Grand in the month of May, and it was at 90% capacity. It did not feel at all crowded. And it was not hurricane season, either. The weather was good for us.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand - Quietest time to go?

I would think Late September and October.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand - Quietest time to go?

We were there in late November and it seemed very quiet to us and the weather was great.

cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
256 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand - Quietest time to go?

Shhh don't tell everyone, last week of sept, first week of October, the hotel will be less than half full, no problems with booking restaurants, staff very attentive, no queues for beds around the pool or beach, and weather very ok, well it has been for the last two years and hopefully it will be again this year ..... Roll on 22nd september

6. Re: Iberostar Grand - Quietest time to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 16:42