We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destination Wedding question. Please reply!!!!

Racine, Wisconsin
1 post
Save Topic
Destination Wedding question. Please reply!!!!

I am planning a destination wedding to Punta Cana inFebruary of 2013. Any ideas as to what resort would be the best? It must be family friendly, all-inclusive, & would like to keep my guests between $1000 to no more than $1500. Any suggestions?????

Toronto
Level Contributor
135 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Destination Wedding question. Please reply!!!!

weare getting married at the Majestic Colonial Tuesday :) check it out. go to thie "Majestic Colonial Brides" facebook page

Hamilton Ontario
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Destination Wedding question. Please reply!!!!

Our daughter had a destination wedding which was fantastic, and I Highly recommend!! It was in Cuba so I can not help with PC but like danielle advised we found the facebook pages for specific resorts a fantastic way of finding out information and narrowing it down. Tons of help from brides past , those just back, those going, and ideas for everything under the sun.

Congrats by the way and have fun planning your wedding. Relax...the wedding planners have it all down. I do advise contacting the wedding planner directly asap, after you make your choice of resort. If you have a specific time of day, etc some resorts can book up a year in advance.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Destination Wedding question. Please reply!!!!

as Familyfriendly I guess You mean teh whole 9 Yards of Age Range from the Granny to the Grandchild.

Your choosen Time of the Year February is the Peak Season and tho the most expensive Time of the Year for Punta Cana, but 1500 per person for a short week is doable at most properties/resorts.

look on

* Majestic Colonial

* Palladium Grand

* Dreams Palm Beach

* Catalonia Bavaro

they offer quiet a good range of activities/amenities suitable for mixed groups and they are on the reasonable side of the price scala, very well worth the money spent considering the Peak Season during February.

once decided which resort would suit you best take the above given advice and contact the resort's wedding coordinator directly with your specific requests/questions/concerns etc etc.

again,

February is peak Season, if You plan on a big family Visit with all to stay at the same Resort, then I recommend to book such well ahead of Time.

congratulations on the upcoming event

Mike

Seattle, Washington
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Destination Wedding question. Please reply!!!!

Why did you choose Punta Cana? I have not been but I know somebody that has been there. If you are interested in more info send me a message and I can set you up with my friend that knows a bit about the area.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Destination Wedding question. Please reply!!!!

We attended a beautiful wedding last year at the GBP Punta Cana. All the guests stayed the in the Royal Golden section. I believe the bride picked it for a few reasons, one of which was it came in at just under $1500 CAD person flying from Toronto.

Oshawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Destination Wedding question. Please reply!!!!

Congratulatons Julie,

As the MOB last year @ the GBP Punta Cana, Edmonton Mamma, spoke about, it was certainly a beautiful wedding! My daughter's wedding was April 8th, we flew the week prior and all the guests flew in on April 3rd. It was an Air Transat Vacation, with the Royal Golden Suites. There were many reasons this time frame was picked, as was mentioned the price was roughly 1500 pp double occupancy,only a four flight, the short trip from the airport, as there were 6 young children coming, & the GBP offered what was needed. There were 4 different wedding packages, in different price options, which we had available to us. We ordered flowers, the wedding dinner, the location of the dinner, and the beach venue of the actual wedding by email. There several documents to be translated, which were done @ the Domincian Embassy, and of course a cost involved. My daughter and her husband had to be in the country 72 hrs prior to the wedding, and only week days were allowed for the wedding. It was roughly 4-5 months before their marriage certificate arrived back home in Canada. they met on three occassions with the wedding planer after arriving @ GBP, and of course many emails were sent back and forth prior. My younger daughter was married three months after, here @ home, both weddings were beautiful, certainly different, just as much work involved.

My last comment, I really think you are being extremely optimistic if you think you can get a trip for 1000-1500 pp that time of year. Good luck, have lots of fun with your wedding plans!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Destination Wedding question. Please reply!!!!

I had mine at Barcelo Punta Cana. The wedding went wonderfully! Go to their website and you can see their wedding packages. I loved being able to have a restaurant for my private reception. The resort was on Bavaro beach (gorgeous) & all guests (60) had a great time. Book on prestige side if in budget. Kids waterpark was a hit too.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Destination Wedding question. Please reply!!!!

the Barcelo Punta Cana is a good recommendation to stay on a Budget, a very nice Resort, nice Beach(it is on Arena Gorda Beach, Not on Bavaro Beach which is located some Miles south).

but still, February is peak Travel Season Month for Punta Cana, to keep a budget I would recommend to reshedule the Timeframe a bit, it can safe a lot considering a Group going.

Mike

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Destination Wedding question. Please reply!!!!

I;d agree with Mike and recommend you consider rescheduling. Budget resorts in PC in February are on the radar of the springbreak crowd - and may make for a less than pleasant experience for a family oriented vacation and wedding.

If it must be in February in the DR and you want to maintain the same budget - you may want to look at another area of the DR like Samana or Romana which have nice hotels and beaches but don't seem to be hot spots for spring breakers. They are not as convenient to get to in terms of flights and travel time from the airport - but would be tradeoff you might want to consider.

Nyack, New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Destination Wedding question. Please reply!!!!

I think Melia caribe Tropical... I love and I am getting married there next year... We went to the Hard Rock Cafe and we didn't like the food and the service wasn't that great. Then we went to Melia and it was unbelievable... the service was excellent and the Royal suites are to die for. Food was delicious... From lobster, shrimp, hamon serrano and more...

Edited: 28 June 2012, 23:06