We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fake Sanctuary Cap Cana Review????

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
49 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Fake Sanctuary Cap Cana Review????

So after my husband's very honest review of Sanctuary was posted, a very suspect five star review popped up from a brand new contributor. Looks a bit off to me.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,079 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fake Sanctuary Cap Cana Review????

Which one is your husband's and which one is suspect?

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,791 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fake Sanctuary Cap Cana Review????

If you suspect a review is fake, you can report it by clicking on the "problem with this review" link at the bottom right of that review, and then indicate on the next page why you feel the review is "suspicious".

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
49 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fake Sanctuary Cap Cana Review????

Thanks for your reply. Good info to know.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fake Sanctuary Cap Cana Review????

Husband here chiming in, mine was “The potential is there but still needs work” dated May 3rd.

The suspicious one is “It was Paradise!!” dated May 6th.

If someone had a better time then us and wants to rave, bravo, however I think this one is a bit fishy.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fake Sanctuary Cap Cana Review????

why is it fishy?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,305 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fake Sanctuary Cap Cana Review????

You see different reviews at all resorts in PC and other destination and I also do not see why being a first time reviewer is a problem either as everyone has to start somewhere

They have loads of other great review as well which is why they have climbed up to #4

The same thing seemed to happen when you went to Le Blanc - you thought it needed work and mosted other people raved about it

Edited: 07 May 2012, 23:09
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,929 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fake Sanctuary Cap Cana Review????

Really a poor post , sorry

Lee's Summit...
Level Contributor
509 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fake Sanctuary Cap Cana Review????

It's an epidemic on here these days. You just have to wade through it and find the ones that don't go out of there way to give kudos to 12 different members of the animation team. They're being told to do it to raise their trip advisor ranking, while at the same time making trip advisor worthless.

The best we can do is report it, and hopefully TA will start to filter out obviously bogus reviews before they post so it can remain a valid judging tool for potential travelers.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fake Sanctuary Cap Cana Review????

Mosted? And yes I did say the same thing about LeBlanc my friend. While you spent your time in flip flops I was working in top restaurants in New York, so I think I know food. (Which is why I highly recommended Blue Marlin)

Secondly, we found it highly unlikely that at a time when the resort had occupancy of 103 people that there was another couple from the next town over from where we live that were staying at Sanctuary. Like you, it's a very long trip for us as well, (13 hours with connections) and 95% of the populace locally will travel to Hawaii as opposed to traveling to the Dominican Republic.

I said it was "suspicious".

Quit trying to be a shill for the place. My review was honest and I stand by it.

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
406 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fake Sanctuary Cap Cana Review????

Just watched a TV interview with a man explaining how he used to write good ones for his place and poor ones for others. He is coming clean because he thinks it is out of control.

Who knows.