We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celebrating a birthday in DR

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Timmins, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Celebrating a birthday in DR

Hey everyone,

I need some help! I want to plan something special for my hubbys bday while in the DR. We will be at the GBP and his birthday will be on the 12th.....any great ideas? What have others done? I was going to email the resort and see if we could pre-book an ala carte and see if they could do a special birthday cake etc?

Looking for some creative ideas!!!!

Thanks guys.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Celebrating a birthday in DR

Most resorts will decorate your room for you and you could always start the day with a special breakfast with some bubbly

Timmins, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Celebrating a birthday in DR

Thats a good idea! I would love to do that and a nice dinner!

rotherham
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Celebrating a birthday in DR

handcuffs and baby oil ;)

lol sorry couldnt resist

Timmins, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Celebrating a birthday in DR

.... LOL....we will have baby oil....but only as a result of our two kids travelling with us!!!!!

Will have to save the R rated stuff for arrival back home but still want to do something fun to celebrate there. Does anyone have the email address for who I can get in contact with at the resort ? Also which family friendly restaurant at GBP would be ideal for dinner? Its on a tuesday night....!

Thanks!!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Celebrating a birthday in DR

We have been celebrating our birthday in DR for many years now, it's become a tradition :-) One of the best ones was at the Bahia Ambar - I had emailed ahead for my sisters' birthday and they put lots of balloons up in the room and left a little gift on the bed. I had pre-booked the a la carte and after our meal the waiters came out with a huge chocolate cake singing happy birthday - it was amazing! One of our favourite restaurants was the Garden Grill so that would be my recommendation. If they have a gourmet a la carte (not sure if they do as we stayed in the Ambar section) then you might want to think about that one too as it has a really nice, "fancy" feel to it which would be great for a special occasion......

6. Re: Celebrating a birthday in DR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 22:41