We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pharmacies in Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cin., Oh
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
pharmacies in Punta Cana

Are they like Mexico where most of the non-narcotics are OTC where in the U.S. you need a presciption? I found that the Rx's in Mexico had drugs that were priced below my co-pay in the U.S..

wisconsin
Level Contributor
819 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pharmacies in Punta Cana

I have often sobered that myself, but forgot to look around to see while I was there!

wisconsin
Level Contributor
819 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pharmacies in Punta Cana

I have often wondered that myself, but forgot to look around to see while I was there! It will be interesting to here what others say!

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,073 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pharmacies in Punta Cana

Yes all but controlled drugs are OTC here. Some are much cheaper then in the US and some more. You will just have to check it out.

Remember with out a script there is a chance it will be taken from you at the airport, especially if a large quantitiy

BObK

London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pharmacies in Punta Cana

I usually buy a few Amoxycillin from the Pharmacies in the DR when I go.

Much cheaper than getting a prescription in the UK.

No prescription needed nor for any of the other stuff I've bought.

snooks

Cin., Oh
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pharmacies in Punta Cana

I usually get a couplle of inhalers and z-packs, thanks

Clarksville
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: pharmacies in Punta Cana

I was able to find 4% hydroquinone cream for treating dark spots (at Super Pola pharmacy) in a pretty large tube for a good price. I couldn't get it in the US without a prescription.

7. Re: pharmacies in Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 21:16