We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone who's stayed at Barcelo Bavaro Beach?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
13 posts
Save Topic
Anyone who's stayed at Barcelo Bavaro Beach?

Anyone who has stayed at the Barcelo Bavaro Beach resort? Can you give some information about the a la cartes which ones to go to, which rooms are nice and any other information that can help me about the resort.

N. Atlanta
Level Contributor
860 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone who's stayed at Barcelo Bavaro Beach?

When are you planning your trip? On or off season?

Reason I ask is that we stayed here the first week of June. I went with the understanding that you could only eat at 4 alacartes without a supplement, the Gourmet, La Brisa, Santa Fe Steakhouse, and the Coral Seafood. (these last 2 are at the Palace deluxe.) When we arrived, they told us we could eat at any alacarte except the French and the Japanese.

My feeling is that this is because during offseason, not every restaurant is open every night. We were able to eat at all of the above, and then also the Mexican, Italian, and Spanish (all at the Palace Deluxe).

If we were limited to just the 4, we would have been satisfied with those.

La Brisa is the best spot for lunch, we preferred it to the lobby buffet.

Suggestion is to make all your dinner reservations for the week when you arrive. Then you will have a better chance of getting your preferred eating time.

Rooms were great. Ours was standard with a comfortable king bed with comfortable new linens. The room with the toilet and shower is not renovated. It was acceptable to us.

Hope you enjoy the resort as much as we did!

Toronto, Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone who's stayed at Barcelo Bavaro Beach?

My friend an I are going June 24.

Do you think it's worth upgrading to club premium?

Did you try out the restaurant at the gold course apparently it's good.

Did you have access to all the facilites?

N. Atlanta
Level Contributor
860 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone who's stayed at Barcelo Bavaro Beach?

We didn't upgrade to Club premium and we felt well taken care of. I had read that the golf restaurant was good but never got over there.

The whole complex is huge. If you are like us, you will be glad you are staying on the beach side. It's more relaxed and quiet. The palace is where all the action is.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone who's stayed at Barcelo Bavaro Beach?

The restaurant at the golf course is quite good and a nice place for a-la-carte lunch. We ate there everyday but one (we were golfing most days).

Red snapper and pork pequito were favorites there.

5. Re: Anyone who's stayed at Barcelo Bavaro Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 01:41