We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wild life at resorts

Windsor Ontario
Level Contributor
761 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
wild life at resorts

Is there any resorts that have wild life roaming around them? My son wants to go to one that has something. The ones I have been to didn't have much.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wild life at resorts

I don't recall seeing many wild animals (other than peacocks at the Iberostar) at the resorts we've stayed at in Punta Cana. We went to the Mayan Riviera this past March with our son and stayed at the Sandos Playacar and they had wild monkey's, coati, iguanas of all sizes and lots of tropical birds.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,042 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wild life at resorts

An unfortunate dearth of wildlife, at the three resorts I've been to. Would love to see more, but only saw peacocks (have those living across the street from me, so nothing special) and flamingos (or am I imagining flamingos).

Loved seeing all the iguanas in Aruba, but not a one to be seen at the resorts in PC.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wild life at resorts

If your son wants wildlife then I agree with momluvstorun. The resorts in Playacar (Mayan Riviera) have tons of it.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wild life at resorts

Agree with the other posters. Lots of peacocks, other birds, lizards and the occasional snake but other than that, not much to see......

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,624 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wild life at resorts

no poozie...not imagining flamingos...have seen them at some of the resorts in PC. Just not very pink though!

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wild life at resorts

Mexico has a little more wildlife but if you look closly (as kids that like animals are very good at) you might spot crabs in cracks of stone and between the bushes. Little lizards and gekko's can be spoted anywhere and you get to see the od pelican on the beack. All in all not a lot of exciting stuff but for a kid that pays attention there might be more to see than most guests think.

I love critters and creepy crawlers :)

Amy

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wild life at resorts

Cairo,

I hope just an occasional snake.........................lol, lol.

Windsor Ontario
Level Contributor
761 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wild life at resorts

I have been to 4 resorts in Punta cana and other the the flamingo's I haven't seen anything. I was thinking maybe we were just at the wrong resorts. My son wants a destintion wedding and one of the things he asked for is some wildlife. The Mayan Riveria does have much more. Momluvstorun how did you like Sandos? I was looking at that one today.

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wild life at resorts

Been to 2 resorts in Playacar,Lots of wildlife..

Noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: wild life at resorts

The drunk Monkeys fo St. Kitts.............. The best laughs on a beach with a cold Caribe beer!