We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did anyone else have this happen?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Did anyone else have this happen?

We had a guy approach us on the beach and ask if we wanted a free boat ride for the resort with free drinks and free t-shirt?

well I was kinda hesitant in the first place but went anyway- They boat us to another resort and it's a time share deal. We told the guy we weren't interested he got down right mean and nasty. I wanted to ring his neck. Anyway we had to find our own way back. It was scary. Needless to say we learned our lesson.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,529 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Did anyone else have this happen?

This does happen...Did you atleast complain to the resort they were representing?

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,950 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Did anyone else have this happen?

Really? You went off on a boat with some strange guy you met on a beach?

Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Did anyone else have this happen?

No I was just ready to get out of there. It was something called "Lifestyles"

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Did anyone else have this happen?

I hate to be rude but I'm kind of with poozie on this? Why would you just hop in a boat with some guy who approached you on the beach? You have no way of verifying if these people are legit. Personally I think you were pretty darn lucky!

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,529 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Did anyone else have this happen?

Here is a link to them should you care to send them an email about your experience:

http://lifestyleholidaysvc.com/index2.php/

However, you should really be more cautious whether home or on vacation!

Edited: 13 June 2012, 21:57
Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
485 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Did anyone else have this happen?

Hate to say it, but if it sound stoo good to be true, it probably is...and of course nothing in life is really free.

I am glad that your encounter didn't become any worse than you have reported,a nd your post should be a good warning to others to be careful.

To answer your question, no, it didn't happen to us.

Noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Did anyone else have this happen?

I have had family 30 years ago in Mexico that encounter similar, but the person....my father was a land developer and all around tough guy...lol....and he said they pulled the strong arm on him, but he was not what they expected....No deal! And I bet the guys changed there shorts after a run-in with my late father......Your worst nightmare to pull a time share scam on! LOL...

Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Did anyone else have this happen?

Kelly,

It happened to us back in 2007 in Puerto Plata and it was a Lifestyles resort time share also. It wasn't nice that afternoon and me and wifey decided to go for a walk on the street, we were approached by this guy driving a golf cart and he stopped and asked if we would be interested in visiting these condos. Mind you that we were staying right next door at what was Sun Village back then. We went for a visit and our guide, James, was really nice at the beginning but when he noticed that we weren't interested he became aggressive with us. We started to walk away and some dude blocked our way and we had a hard time getting away. James told us that if we didn't buy from him that he would lose his job and so on. We did learn our lesson and never will we go off with strangers to visit some time share or condos.

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
406 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Did anyone else have this happen?

Nice to see some respectful replies.

Shediac, Canada
Level Contributor
733 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Did anyone else have this happen?

The same thing happened to us 3 years ago when we were staying at the IFA. My husband was walking in front of the resort and a young fellow approached with the same speal and we wound up down at the Natura Park resort. We did not encounter any problems but were left to our own devices to find our way back to the IFA. Needless to say my husband could of had a much better vacation .... and no longer accepts free boat rides.