We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Excellence - Room suggestions?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
13 posts
Save Topic
Secrets Excellence - Room suggestions?

Can anyone recommend a building, or room that you have stayed in at this hotel? I am going there for my honeymoon, and want to try to get into one of their nicest rooms. any suggestions?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Excellence - Room suggestions?

I would recommend building 3 or room 8203. It is close to the Excellence Club. What rooms do you have now?

13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Excellence - Room suggestions?

We dont know yet. we are going in May. I have heard building seven is good, but i only heard that from one person. I'm not worried so much about the location. I just want one of the newer cleaner more up to date rooms.

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Excellence - Room suggestions?

I'll second building 3. We were ground floor facing back to the rest of the resort. Quiet, secluded, and still very close to both pools, the beach and all the restaurants.

That being said, I would not recommend building three if you are facing away from the resort.

Paul G.

Alberta
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Excellence - Room suggestions?

Hi Jen

Building 2,3,4 overlook the cascade pools. I would stay away from building 6 if at all possible. Building 7 is at the swim up bar. When are you leaving on your honeymoon? I just came back from the Secrets and can provide you with a bunch more info if you want?

Take care,

Lisa

Ontario, Ohio
Level Contributor
799 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Excellence - Room suggestions?

This is courtesy of Secretsbride, but I have saved a copy to give to others with this question.

Here are the room categories

Basic garden view.. Building # 1, 2,3,4,6,7,8,9

(Mountain/pond/fountain view)

Basic pool view (cascade pool area) Building #1, 2, 4

Master suit... Building. #5

(Cascade pool, one bedroom siute, double balcony)

Basic ocean view. Building # 1, 2, 3,6,7,9

Basic Honeymoon suit. (Outdoor Jacuzzi) Building #1, 3, 7

Basic double corner suit (two balconies) Building #1, 3, 7

Basic ocean view, swim out (room to pool) Building # 6, 7, 8

Excellence Club garden view. Building # 10,11,12,14

Excellence Club ocean view Building # 10, 11, 14

Excellence Club Honeymoon suite Building # 14, 10

(Outdoor Jacuzzi)

Excellence Club Corner Double corner suite Building # 14,10

They are also in the process of completing huge 900 and 1200 sq foot suits in between building building # 10 & 11 and between #11 and #14

We stayed in Excellence club corner suit room number 10206 amazing view and room. Same floor as the Excellence Club so you can just walk right in without leaving your building.

Hope this helps

Also contact Dreaming of Dreams and she will email you a map of the resort to give you a better indication of where each building is.

Shelly

Massapequa Park, NY
Level Contributor
342 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Excellence - Room suggestions?

What building would you recommend - we are booked in the Excellence Club swim-out suite? Thanks for any suggestions.

Ontario, Ohio
Level Contributor
799 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Excellence - Room suggestions?

LB52,

That is going to depend on where the Excellence Club is currently. They have been rotating it into some other buildings due to the construction. The higher numbered buildings will be the farthest away. I would look at 10. It is the closest to everything I believe.

Shelly