We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,625 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
How long is too long....

...after returning home to post a review?

I'm curious what most people feel is a resonable amount of time.

Personally, I feel anything over 90 days is too long. Those of us who travel a bit and have returned to the same resort more than once know the differences that can occur in a short period of time.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long is too long....

Once you're back home, the faster you post your review the more precise it will be - while you're still under the influence of the magic effect of your trip - you're still on cloud 9 (lol). However, I could still, to this day, describe trips that have taken place years ago. I probably have forgotton some smaller details, but overall, I remember pretty much each one - but then I only go to Punta Cana once a year.

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,236 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long is too long....

I agree with you on the 90 days. We have gone to the same resort sometimes 3 times in one year, and the changes are crazy at times. People also tend to review the airport and transportation as well. That being said, I cannot remember one time in the past 7 or 8 years that the airport in PC has not had a dramatic change. We ususally travel at least three times annually, and it is always a surprise to us when we land what is going to be different coming in or going out!

I have viewed a few posts that people have placed from a trip that they took 2 or 3 years ago. Not quite sure how that will help someone who is just going since things change so rapidly. But everyone is entitled to post their opinions whatever they may be!

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,625 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long is too long....

I agree with you Vicki that everyone is entitled to post their opinions but I think there comes a time when those opinions become irrelevant as a "review" and need to be posted in the forums.

Perhaps a heading for all reviews for dates of travel allowing the "viewing public" to be forewarned as to how "old" the review is.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long is too long....

I agree.......................I actually just read a review that was posted today about a vacation someone took in 2007!!! Why it took so long for them to write it and how they remembered everything is a puzzle.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,694 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long is too long....

I tend to do mine within 1-2 weeks. I tend to discount anything written more than 6-8 weeks after a trip

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long is too long....

I agree, things can change rapidly. While everyone is welcome to their opinion, their info may not be currently valid. I could have padded my review count easily but I don't consider it fair to anyone reading them. I wonder if some of these old reviews are by folks trying to boost their review count.

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How long is too long....

I usually will post when the Hangover is over,About 3 to 7 days.LOL..

Noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How long is too long....

Most often as soon as we come home, within one week......But I have posted later in some cases, not the best timing, but it must be said at times. I think reviews are first and forum second....I know many don't agree!...My 2 cents!

murillo
Level Contributor
6,322 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How long is too long....

i don't even do them... I'm really not that fussy and as long as the beer is alittle cold , the rum a little wet , and there is food... I'm good. We go in feb, mar . and its -30'sh at home.I'm on a Carribean island floating in the ocean , warm as toast...I'm not a real food critic, and wouldn't trust anyone elses tastes either.I've been to 5 resorts in PC and pretty much enjoyed them all. I do like the fact that some people do them, and take a 1000 photos, videos , remember what they had for lunch, dinner , dessert. You should do them asap. I actually won't comment on a resort i haven't been to for 3 years, like stated earlier, they change so much .Don't know how you could work at one... we must look like cattle to them after a while, white as rice first day looking lost. eat , drink everything the first night. End of the week ,tanned we say adios, new rice people again...lol

10. Re: How long is too long....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2013, 10:22