We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Bahia Principe Punta Cana- AWESOME!

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
751 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Bahia Principe Punta Cana- AWESOME!

Well we are back now after 7 glorious days at GBPPC- 2 days of rain and 5 bewty days- 5 star all the way! packed resort but still lots of good places on beach to chill and drink :-)

Recommended spot-approach the beach and go left by or past the Volleyball court. -Palapas available and best water to swim in! watch the drop-off anywhere on beach tho- drops off over your head about nipple deep on a 6' guy. Water alittle chilly in morning but warms up by afternoon.

I could go on for hours....

Any questions just ask or email moontan101@hotmail.com

One last thing- BOOK the "BEACH GRILL"!! (Tuesday and Friday) ala carts great!! but this IS AWESOME!!!!!!!! The BEST!!!!!!!!

Port Stanley, Canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Bahia Principe Punta Cana- AWESOME!

Moontan,

Did you go to any of the theme buffets? Do you remember which nights they were, so that we can book our ala carts as soon as we get there and not book them on a good theme night.

Looking forward to our holiday there in May.

Thanks.

By the way this Leaf fan is now in Leaf country, we have moved back to Ontario.

Mentioned in this post
Ontario
Ontario
Canada
england
Level Contributor
258 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Bahia Principe Punta Cana- AWESOME!

Hi Moontan,

I'll be there between 24.4 - 8.5, full two weeks and can't wait. Have you been on any of the trips? We want to do two, Heard Bavaro Runners is good but not to sure abot the other one?? By the way what are drinks like over there? Have they got any fresh juice? We have 6 a la carte restaurants to chose from, which one would you avoid?

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
751 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Bahia Principe Punta Cana- AWESOME!

LeafFan

Theme buffet on Friday was Mexican (may differ week to week tho) was excellent they even had fresh carved turkey that was a suprise, delicious! as well as fahitas, burritos, great food! Wednesday was mostly fish, we didn't go that night.

You really can't go wrong going to the main buffet any night as food always varied and very good.

Mediterranean ala cart had the most delicious steak (Prime Ribs of Beef) I've tasted anywhere! (Premier-Gold Club)

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
751 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from Bahia Principe Punta Cana- AWESOME!

Adriana

Bavaro Runners is a great tour, the other I would do next time is para-sail. There were 3 along the beach at various lacations to book. Looked like a BLAST!

Drinks superb! many many kinds, Coco Loco and Miami Vice my fav's as was Lime slushy with vodka, great in a insulated mug for the beach. Lots of fresh juice machines all over too. (Made with filtered water)

Beer was cold and was El Presidente draft and our mini-bar stocked daily with 6 Brahma beers and 2- 1.5 L aquas ($1 tip in fridge)

Portugal
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from Bahia Principe Punta Cana- AWESOME!

Hi Moontan.

I'll be there from 24/04 untill 08/05 and i'm a bit worried about the weather. Is it a question to be worried? When it rains, is it all day long? What do you do then?

Regarding the chairs on the beach, are they enough? If you tip a guy from the hotel does he gets you a chair everyday?

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
751 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from Bahia Principe Punta Cana- AWESOME!

Don't worry about the weather! It will be great this time of year. (We had a cyclone develop and that was rare)

Don't worry and pack lots of sun screen :-)

Bring an old hat or sumthing or old shirt, go down early in the morning and put your towels and old shirt/hat on chairs under a palapa. That is the only way to reserve, no beach boys there at BPPC.

Gainesville, TX
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from Bahia Principe Punta Cana- AWESOME!

Is the lobby bar open 24 hours? Is ther food 24 hours?

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
751 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from Bahia Principe Punta Cana- AWESOME!

Sethra

No the lobby bar closes at 11PM which sux - only other place for drinks after that is in Pueblo (the little village within the resort) has a quant cafe area for drinks, but is a mosquito magnet some nights. The disco serves drinks after that also but you have to pay for them. As for food you can also get food in Pueblo like hamburgers, dogs etc.

A tip is go get drinks from the bar in Pueblo and drink them in the lobby bar area :-)

england
Level Contributor
258 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back from Bahia Principe Punta Cana- AWESOME!

Hi there,

I heard that you have to put down your room number and sign for your drinks at the disco so they know that you're a hotel guest but the drinks should be for free. Is it a wrong information?

Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Back from Bahia Principe Punta Cana- AWESOME!

I read this too and was a bit concerned. I was in Mexico (5 star resort) last year and people we knew booked a ski-doo and had to give their room number. When they came back their room had been broken into. I never like anyone to know if I'm in my room or not. Is giving your room number at the disco an absolute must?