We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Bavaro or Iberostar Bavaro?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
23 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Bavaro or Iberostar Bavaro?

My boyfriend and I are trying to decide which Iberostar to stay in. Is it worth paying a little extra to stay at the Iberostar Grand?

We are in our 30's, we are not party animals, but do enjoy going out occassionally for drinks. We don't mind having kids at a resort as long as they are well-behaved.

When we go on vacation, we like to stay at nice places where we can relax and feel somewhat pampered. We are not people who would stay at a Four Seasons. We tend to choose places that get the good/great reviews on trip advisor.

I think we would be completely happy at the Iberostar Bavaro, but the Iberostar Grand looks so nice!

Is it worth spending more money to stay at the Iberostar Grand?

If you have stayed at one of these places or even both, could you tell me what the difference would be between these two places? Also, any comments positive or negative on either resort would be helpful too!

Thanks!

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro or Iberostar Bavaro?

We stayed at the Grand last year and loved it, certainly more GRAND than the others. Never felt crowded and plenty of room on the beach. Elegant restaurants with good service ( even the buffet) but didn't find the al a cartes as good as "Excellence Hotels" .Staff were very friendly and great "Star Friends" who were always there in the evening (not in your face) making you feel special. Not so much a "party hotel" but the best shows we have ever seen in the Carribean and later music in the boat. We wandered round the other hotels and found the Bavaro to be the best with lovely grounds but completely different feel than the Grand. I would not go to the others so if the budget allows go to the Grand. Hope this helps

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro or Iberostar Bavaro?

Hi Kristy:

Yes we have stayed at both. The Grand is wonderful and you will be spoiled rotten. Not one complaint and met some wonderful guests as well. This year we chose the Bavaro as going with grandson and it also was very nice. Side by side so same beach and same wonderful Iberostar staff. They must work hard teaching the staff as in both places the people were wonderful. Buffet better at the Grand but thats it. Not a picky eater so the Bavaro was fine for us and did not starve. Loved the beach bar which is almost at the side by the grand and the staff will come out and serve you on the beach. Found the Bavaro a bit more lively and the lobby bar was rocking at night. Not in the Grand. Loved the pool bar at the Grand over the Bavaro as no Leonardo at the Bavaro. He is amazing. Either way you will experience a wonderful trip and do let us know which one you choose ok.

Edited: 30 June 2012, 18:58
Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
23 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro or Iberostar Bavaro?

Thank you very much for the advice. Were you able to use the Grand facilities and restaurants while staying at the Bavaro? Thanks.

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro or Iberostar Bavaro?

No Kristy you cannot but they will tour you through so you can pick the Grand next time is you like it.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
23 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro or Iberostar Bavaro?

Thanks!

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
23 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro or Iberostar Bavaro?

Thanks for the info!

Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro or Iberostar Bavaro?

I am about to head to the Grand for my third trip. July 23 but hey who is counting.

I always tell people how nice or first trip to the DR was. The Iberostar Bavaro was great. The Gardens were awesome and well manicured. The grounds were and are some of the nicest I have ever seen. The food was good, the service was good, the beach was great. I would go there in an instant if I had a big family or kids. My wife however is a second grade teacher and when we get a chance to go we want to be at an adult only resort.

If the Grand is in you budget then just book it. It gives you the option to see all of the other resorts in Iberostars chain. The Grand is just a step above most resorts I have been to anywhere. Not saying there arent other nice places but this one is just better.

8. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro or Iberostar Bavaro?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2013, 10:17