We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP...which of these three resorts?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
HELP...which of these three resorts?

I am trying to decide on one of three resorts for a group of about 10-12 adults.....Iberostar Punta Cana, Iberostar Dominicana, or RIU Palace Bavaro! We love food, activities, and FUN...we are all in our 30's and 40's! HELP!!!!! I LOVE the idea of the jacuzzi on the balcony for RIU so I was leaning towards that!

Rochester NY
Level Contributor
253 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP...which of these three resorts?

So you should look at Majestic Elegance and Iberostar Punta Cana and Iberostar Dominicana are basically the same resort they share the same facilities

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,971 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP...which of these three resorts?

Agreed. Consider IB-D, and IB-PC to be one in the same. So, if you're really looking to pick from three, add another to the mix.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP...which of these three resorts?

So I looked into Majestic Elegance and saw sooo many complaints about food poisoning.....scary! Ok....good to know about Iberostar....didn't know that....is that true of the Iberostar Grand Bavaro too? What about RIU Palace Bavaro...says it as just built in December 2011...

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,971 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP...which of these three resorts?

There are four Iberostar resorts in PC. Iberostar Punta Cana and Iberostar Dominicana are sister resorts, with all shared facilities and amenities. Stay at one, play at both.

Next step up is Iberostar Bavaro. Guests at IB-B can use the faciilities at IBPC and IBD, but guests at IBPC and IBD may NOT use IBB facilities.

The deluxe Iberostar resort is Iberostar Grand Bavaro, rated as one of the best in PC. This is a high end, adults-only resort. Guests of IBG can play at any of the IB resorts, but only IBG guests can use IBG facilities.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
150 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP...which of these three resorts?

Go to Riu Palace Bavaro no towel game at all always plenty of loungers, superb food and the best beach on this stretch. Book VIP area as you can gave the best of both worlds with the quite vip pool and if you want to party just go to the mainpool. You can also use tge facilities of all other rius.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,843 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP...which of these three resorts?

New Riu Palace in my opinion would be better than the

IB PC or Dominicana but not better than the IB Grand Bavaro which is also Adult only.

Many resorts have reports of food poisoning not just the Majestic resorts, so over look those reviews and attribute it to excessive indulgence and change of dietary regiment, and dehydration.

I will stay @ Majestic resorts any day...

Mi dos pesos

Edited: 30 June 2012, 12:29
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP...which of these three resorts?

Is there nightlife and activities on the RIU grounds? Also, I've been seeing comments about it being hard to get reservations at the restaurants....do you know anything about this?

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,843 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP...which of these three resorts?

As much activity as in any resorts great disco on the grounds of the Riu, forgot the name

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
150 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HELP...which of these three resorts?

Pacha is the disco. No problems getting reservations at all.

10. Re: HELP...which of these three resorts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2013, 10:16