We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best resorts for family of 5

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
10 posts
Save Topic
best resorts for family of 5

Hello.. I have been trying to "play" online to find the best possible scenerio for a famly of 5, but have been having a difficult time. We want to take a vacation as a family before all of our kids decide they are moving out etc.. We have 3 teenagers-18, 16 and 13. This is a big deal for us, we do not travel much but would like to take a magical vacation before they leave us!

Also, trying to figure out a time when all the kids could go is also trying. Thinking November (beg. of thansgiving week) or April school vacation. Do they really "jack up the prices" Thanksgiving week as i have heard? Just trying to find the best value etc..as money is of course an issue. Sorry for all the questions, w do not get to travel much so i am very confused!!

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,814 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best resorts for family of 5

Grand Palladium Palace or the Grand Bahia Principe Esmeralda would be excellent voices for your family

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
272 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best resorts for family of 5

Hi! Another resort to look at is Ocean Blue & Sand, our group of 9 just returned

we had children 16,17,18, 20 it was a very lively resort and we all had a awesome time!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,845 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best resorts for family of 5

With the age of your family members it is safe to say that they will be priced as adults. 2rooms will be necessary. November will have better prices but only because it is low season. The weather can be hit and miss. Some rave about having had great weather in November and a resort that was a steal. Yes it is possible, but the flip side is 4out of 7 days of good rain and the other days were hit and miss. Ok I got a great deal saving about 300$, but I would have saved up more to go at a later date. But weather being weather, you can't guarantee anything. The first week in January usually has good pricing also.

If you were to go on a web site now, make a list of hotels that fit in your budget from your departure airport, and we can help you narrow down the choices. Sometimes fairly good resorts have great prices...keep your eye out for Iberostar, Bahia, Ocean, Palladium.

Often early booking bonuses equal savings that a last minute choice would have..

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
49 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best resorts for family of 5

We have the same issue. Every resort I know of counts kids as adults as soon as they hit 12 years old, and of course they then limit the number of people that can be in a room. For the past couple of years we have had to get two rooms. We're heading to the Iberostar Punta Cana in Aug and have done that again.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best resorts for family of 5

We've been twice to Punta Cana during American Thanksgiving and had great weather both times. We found the prices lower than when we've been in Feb/March. I believe they have a family suite at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe which has two adjoining rooms and two bathrooms - never been myself but they sound nice. You may also want to look into Playa del Carmen. A friend of mine stayed in a two bedroom at the Azul Fives and loved it.

6. Re: best resorts for family of 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 22:47