We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live at Majestic Colonial

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
peru IL
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Live at Majestic Colonial

Arrived yesterday a day late thanks to American Airlines late flights, causing missed connections and an all together upsetting experience with yet another airline. But, that is all the past now and here we are in paradise enjoying the beautiful weather, food, landscape, entertainment and a staff that will bend over backwards for you if they could.

Room is awesome, very spacious and accommodating for a family of 4 and we were surprised to be greeted in the room with a bottle of champagne and a fruit platter.

We had a few minor problems at first with our door lock and Internet connection, but all was resolved in the first day and all is smooth sailing going forward (fingers crossed). We have room 2249, last room before the ocean front rooms on the pool side of the resort. After spending all of the morning and most of the day in the water we returned to our room to shower and rest for the evening and were greeted by a staff member at our door. To our surprise we were presented with a sushi platter and a bottle of wine for the slight inconveniences we had on our first day. What a resort and staff!

Food has been nothing short of spectacular considering the amount of people this staff serves on a daily basis. Only dislikes thus far have been a slightly over cooked lobster and a few dishes that's required a little extra salt. Dominican restaurant was to die for and tonight is japanese . Will update later after we have dined this evening

peru IL
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Live at Majestic Colonial

Ask away on questions and I will answer everything I can

New Jersey
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live at Majestic Colonial

We would have been neighbors a few days ago! We were in 2246! Have a great trip.. The Japanese is good and a fun time!

Deer Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
875 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live at Majestic Colonial

wishing we were still at the Majestic , we were there in May and last year as well can not wait to return next year , have a great vacation and enjoy every minute of this beautiful amazing resort and staff.

peru IL
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Live at Majestic Colonial

Just got back from a late in the afternoon to find another bottle of red wine with a plate of finely sliced prosciutto. I love this resort!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live at Majestic Colonial

Wait till you get the white chocolate covered grapes :) That was my favorite

peru IL
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Live at Majestic Colonial

Woke up early enough to see the beautiful sunrise come up over the ocean with only a couple of clouds in the sky. I have my trusty coffee buy my side, I pad in my lap and El Presidente banging in my head after yet another wonderful evening.

As previously mentioned we attended the Japanese restaurant last night and was given a pretty good show. While our cook wasn't the most theatrical as some can be, he was entertaining enough to light the counter on fire and proceeded to stick his hands in it till they lit on fire and then lit up his mouth!

The steak, chicken and shrimp were prepared to perfection and melted in our mouth with every bite. The Sushi was better than before and they had real soy sauce, not the thick stuff they brought to our room. Kinda tasted like molasses, but good none the less. The selection was mostly different versions of California rolls but had some sashimi. The tuna was my favorite and my wife loved the red snapper. Service lasted about 70 min.

Bellys full now we went off in search of the evening entertainment. We took a stroll down carribean lane to browse the shops and saw they had the celebrity impersonators performing at the theater this evening. What a hoot. Not high quality entertainment but I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I am not sure if it was supposed to be funny or not but some of the impressions were hilarious. They had Brittney Spears, Elvis, James Brown,Madonna and a whole bevy of others, but my fav by far was Queen. Three guys dressed up like I don't know what,doing their own rendition of bohemian rhapsody while touching each other in some very interesting spots. I died laughing. All in all a great evening of entertainment.

Today is the 4th and they have a whole schedule of activities planned in observance of the U.S holiday. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us today! Time for breakfast, be back later.

Hamilton, Ohio
Level Contributor
299 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live at Majestic Colonial

Thanks for taking the time to write this. We travel there next May and read everything we can on the MC to make sure we don't miss anything and an plan for a great time. Your posting is greatly appreciated. How is the ocean and beach near the resort? Hope you have a great time!

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
406 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live at Majestic Colonial

Wow odinsbeard, thank you SO much for the live thread, I will be following you daily! Sorry to read about your travel problems, I would be very upset as well.

The specific details you have written are fantastic to read, different from the usual focus of reviews.

My questions before going this month have been about finding breakfast after 10 am, swimming in the roped off area (is it too small?), coke or pepsi, how dated are the rooms, and are you seeing much volleyball being played?

Also, are you getting free wifi for your Ipad? I'd love to bring mine along and do a live thread too.

Thanks again for your time!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
61 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live at Majestic Colonial

Thanks. This is great. I'll arrive on the 31st, so this is really wetting my appetite =D

peru IL
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Live at Majestic Colonial

Back from a long day at the beach and wow was it hot today. I think my body has found a new shade of red though it was all well worth it today. The celebration on the beach for the 4th started today with a fury. Around 10 this morning they started setting up for the festivities as they started hauling in all the supplies for a beach BBQ and setting up the runway for the bikini contest. Though a bit mature the bikini contest was a riot as the mc was a crazy and made it fun for both children and adults with his hilarious comments. They have set up a full day of activities for today ranging from a volleyball tourney between the 2 resorts to a beer drinking contest at the pool. There was something for all to do. Tonight the have a massive BBQ set up for both resorts in the middle of the beach with a live dj, limbo contest and a small circus. Should be interesting.

U were right Jenn, chocolate covered grapes w/ another bottle of wine were waiting when we got back to our room today.

Mws813, the beach and ocean have been great for us. Yes there is some seaweed and yes the ocean has waves. We enjoy the slightly rougher sea as the kids get on their floats and bob and weave thru the waves emitting a yelp of joy every time a bigger one comes along. The beach is simply awesome. Fine grain sand and probably one of the bigger beach areas around as resorts go. Plenty of shade as the palapas are plentiful . Today we got around to burying

My 6 year old son who has been asking for it since we got here. Not great for snorkeling, but take a excursion and your wishes will be granted

NWohio, breakfast after 10 am is still only available in the front of the resort at the "coffee bar/ garden bar area. It is only pastries and some breakfast drinks :(

Hopefully that will change soon! Though u can't go out very far in the roped swimming area it gets deep pretty fast and it is very very long. I would venture to say the swimming area stretches for a good 2-3 city blocks between the 2 resorts so there is plenty of swimming area. I am happy to say all Pepsi at this resort as dp is my drink of choice. Our room is simply spectacular. Aside from the couple of small problems at first, we have been giddy with pleasure about our room. Great water pressure,immediate hot water, ac like u were at home, firm bed, though we are firm bed sleepers at home and wonderful cartoon stations on the tele for the kids while I type up this post of passion. Volleyball has been pretty steady on the afternoons but I would suppose that depends upon the type of crowd that is at the resort when u arrive. It is a nice court with good sand and plenty of space for diving for big digs! Since we purchased wifi for our room I haven't tried the supposed "free" wifi that is in the lobby. I guess I have gotten a bit lazy this vacation and enjoy doing all my posting from my room and balcony. We purchased a trend net portable router this year and have our own wifi signal in the room for the iPad and various other I devices we toted along with us this year. Just plug it in with a Ethernet cable, power it up and u are good to go with your own wifi.

Well all, time to shower and then off to the beach again for my first fourth D.R. Style. Back later!