We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium Bavaro Questions

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Palladium Bavaro Questions

Does anyone know how much the Catamaran lessons cost? Is the use of these free once you've had the lessons? Is it worth doing?

Also, are the Speedboats available for hire at all? For just personal use, if so, what is the cost? I want to go out on a speedboat, but not just to go to the platform for snorkleing.

Also, has anybody been to the Palma Real shopping village nearby? Is it worth going? Are cabs expensive?

Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium Bavaro Questions

Anyone able to help with this at all? Thanks!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium Bavaro Questions

My wife and I used Dolin divers to take a "taxi" type skiff out to the "Astron" ; a partially sunken ship which can be seen from shore. I do not remember the price but I know it was not expensive. When you get to the site; scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and there is an e mail address for Dolin Divers.

palladiumaddict.net/dominican-republic-punta…

Good luck!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium Bavaro Questions

Here is a some information on the Astron.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astron_%28ship%29

London, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Palladium Bavaro Questions

Thanks! Anyone with any further help re the actual speed boat questions etc? Thanks!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Palladium Bavaro Questions

The Dolin Dive pictures show a speed boat (rental), on the beach with a 40HP Yamaha outboard.

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Palladium Bavaro Questions

Sorry we have never used them

London, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Palladium Bavaro Questions

mmhhhh, still wondering on this...

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Palladium Bavaro Questions

If you have previous experience using the catamarans, there is no fee whatsoever. You will be required to sign off on holding the Dolin Dive Center for being responsible, should anything happen or if you would become injured. My husband and I have been using them since 2000 and we never had to pay a fee. On the other hand, if you are a novice, they will charge you about $100 for some lessons on how to use the catamarans and then you can use them whenever you visit the resort in the future. Is it worth it? Well, that would be up to you, but we really enjoy going out on the catamarans early in the morning before the sun gets too hot and sail the beautiful coastline. We look forward to doing this every time we go to the Palladium. It's one of the highlights of our stays.

The shopping village merchandise is quite expensive, but makes for a nice day off the resort. Keep in mind, there is the Cortecito village to shop at directly aside of the Palladium's RST. Here you will mix with the locals in their stores on the beach. Bartering is a must, as they will start with high prices. They are known to be pushy in their sales, but firm no's and too expensive are understood.

Have a great trip

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Palladium Bavaro Questions

For a 3 hours lesson you pay 100 U$, after this you can use the Catamarans every day for 1 hour for free.

If you are experienced, you just have to show it and you have to pay nothing...

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
387 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Palladium Bavaro Questions

The price for the Speed boat for 3 hrs begin at $119.99 / 1 person

$149.99/2 persons in the same boat . Prices change for every month .Look for Bavaro Splash

The Palma Real village is very expansive , the boutiques are most american .

If you want to buy rum or coffe ,the best place is the Super Pola at Plaza San Juan . If you stay at the Palladium , ask information at the desk , they have bus to go to different shopping center and it's free :))

McMcMontreal