We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airfares

Boston
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
airfares

Just wondering if anyone else is encountering high airfares. We have already booked our resort Bahia Grand Ambar for 11/17/12 thur 11/24/12 we are going to be flying jetblue out of boston. we are waiting on airfares to go down. They are just so high right now. We always fly nonstop. anyone else noticing this also?

Terry

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airfares

We booked ours a while back but prices have inched higher rather than lower...................it's crazy.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,712 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airfares

High demand relative to supply.. prices are going to be high no matter what, especially if you want a nonstop from Boston, as JetBlue really puts a premium on that. Plus, you are going during a holiday.

Edited: 15 July 2012, 17:02
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,712 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airfares

Boston to PUJ nonstop flight 11/17-11/24 $1,369 per person and a $38 taxi ride to the GBP complex

Boston to SDQ nonstop flight 11/17-11/24 $506 per person and a $175 taxi ride to the GBP complex

The Boston to SDQ flight is overnight and it serves mostly the many Dominicans living in the Boston area, so you could leave late at night on the 16th and the airfare would be half as much.

Quincy...
Level Contributor
200 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airfares

I'm waiting for the direct flight from Boston for next summer. I certainly hope their lower than this year.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airfares

Just wait.. I never pay more than 4-500 non stop from bos. Try jet blue, usairways, apple charter, TNT charter... One day it can be 1300 each.. week later its half. I was actually pricing the same week.. the week leaving on 24th is cheaper

Edited: 15 July 2012, 18:47
On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airfares

If you have booked with the resort directly and can cancel without penatly consider booking a package of flight and resort together, may be cheaper

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airfares

trikkdaddy..............do you call TNT for their charter flights? I know they used to be under their web site but rarely are flights only listed on TNT anymore.

Yulee, Florida
Level Contributor
517 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airfares

In March we booked a direct flight with JetBlue out of JFK for Oct 27-Nov 3 - paying $1,054 r/t for 2. That same flight as of yesterday is over $1,600. I saw it go as high as $2,054 r/t for 2. Best advise is to book as early as possible for your trip! Even if the prices go down, there is no guarantee that there will be enough seats available.

Port Dover, Canada
Level Contributor
279 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airfares

Ever fly out of Toronto your resort is total $1611 all taxes in plus no cost for the taxi to the resort. This would be direct flight to Puna Cana. We get alot of Americans up here flying out of Canada. The only draw back would be the time and cost to get to Toronto

Boston
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: airfares

well we go every year we normally do not book until september but I am sure within a month prices will edge down a bit. we usually book both together but we got an exceptional price for the resort. and jetblue is the only one that flies direct to pc unless you do a charter.