We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams or Majestic

Westfield, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Dreams or Majestic

My gf and i are planning a trip to the DR next month . We have narrowed it down to Dreams Punta Cana and Majestic Elegance. Has anyone been there recently? Any input is greatly appreciated

Thank you

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,624 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams or Majestic

My opinion would put ME above DPC. we have been to DPC and the Majestic Colonial. For us the location of the Majestic properties trumps DPC.

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams or Majestic

For a couple, I think you would enjoy ME better than Dreams. What's most important to you? Your preferences will be different than others'.

Westfield, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams or Majestic

The beach and the food are the most important. A good lounge or bar with music and dancing. Thank you

Phoenixville...
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams or Majestic

Just got back from Majestic Elegance, (Elegance Club), and we had a wonderful time. Have not been to Dreams, so I can't compare. We did not have a bad meal there the entire time, but, that is a very personal thing. I saw reviews claiming they hated the Italian restaurant, but it was one of our favorites! The beach was great. There seemed to be a fair amount of seaweed, but that's not the resort's fault (although they did clean the shoreline each morning!). We did walk towards the Hard Rock, and the seaweed actually got worse...so in comparison, it was pretty good at the ME. As far as lounges or bars, there are plenty. The main lobby bar is nice and "buzzing" in the evenings. However, there no music or dancing there. There's a nice outdoor plaza/bar just off the main lobby that had different entertainment each night; musical, but not so much dancing. Karaoke night there was PACKED (and funny too)! There is a disco we popped into, and it’s the typical dark, strobe-light, laser, dry ice type of atmosphere with loud techno/trance music playing (at least when we were there). I give 2 thumbs up to the ME!

Westfield, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams or Majestic

Thank you for the input. ME it is. We will be going the end of August, i know HOTT!!!

6. Re: Dreams or Majestic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 06:17