We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from Puntacana to Sousa?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
127 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from Puntacana to Sousa?

I would estimate it on 8-10hrs one way,

depending of course how familiar you are with driving on the DR Roads and how early morning you start.

the Highway named Coral is due to open very soon, connecting Punta Cana with the South, that opening will cut down on the Traveltime very significantly.

Mike

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance from Puntacana to Sousa?

I've driven it recently and it's about 4.5 hrs from La Romana so that makes it 6 to 6.5 hrs from Punta Cana. Take off 45 minutes with the new Coral Highway.

Edited: 19 July 2012, 02:19
Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance from Puntacana to Sousa?

btw my estimated driving times are via the Santo Domingo - Nagua highway. If you go the old Highway Duarte route crossing Santo Domingo (or by bus) then Mike's times are more realistic.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
16,947 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance from Puntacana to Sousa?

Last time we drove it (using the new Santo Domingo-Nagua highway) it took is 7.5 hours each way. That included a 20 min lunch/snack stop

BObK

5. Re: Distance from Puntacana to Sousa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 05:17