We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to Excellence Punta Cana, any advice or info?

Natchitoches...
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
First trip to Excellence Punta Cana, any advice or info?

Just wondering what some veteran travelers to this resort may recommend to my wife and I. We are 31 and 33 and will be arriving on Aug. 5th staying until the 12th. Currently we are booked in a Junior Ocean View Suite. Just looking for some advice so we can make the most of this trip.

Thanks in advance.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First trip to Excellence Punta Cana, any advice or info?

Hi,

my boyfriend and I have stayed their for the last three years. excellent place everything is top notch. food entertainment etc. beautiful grounds downside is the ocean a bit rough because of riptide usually have the red flags out looking for a good souveniers go to nancy's place on the beach great massages to she is honest and will not steer you wrong try the pizza though it is to die for very good. Hope this helps.

Terry

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First trip to Excellence Punta Cana, any advice or info?

Why can't I seem to find Excellence Punta Cana in my travel book? Is it also called something else?

Mentioned in this post
Excellence Punta Cana
Excellence Punta Cana
13,997 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Boston
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First trip to Excellence Punta Cana, any advice or info?

no it is called exellence punta cana you will find it

Terry

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,803 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First trip to Excellence Punta Cana, any advice or info?

FYI - years ago it was 'Secrets Excellence Resort' and many of the older travels books will have it by that name.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First trip to Excellence Punta Cana, any advice or info?

It is not in my 2012 book, but I will check online.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
61,455 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First trip to Excellence Punta Cana, any advice or info?

Hi

We will be returning to EPC for the 6th time this September

Main advice is that if you need anything or if anything is not quite right say to a member of staff right away as they want all guests to have a perfect trip which is why they have so many repeat guests

Make sure you have at least one breakfast in the Lobster House as it make a nice change from the buffet in the Toscana. Also try and do a little bit of planning so you can take advantage of all that is on offer

Also make sure you go and feed the fish and terrapins on the eco park that is at the front of the resort

Have fun

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
51 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First trip to Excellence Punta Cana, any advice or info?

From what my daughter says and she's been there twice... If it's your first time to an all-inclusive or to the Domican Republic, you will regret it. No other resort will be acceptable in the future. She and her husband still rave about everything the staff did to make their honeymoon & vacation enjoyable.

If you like a rough surf when swimming in the ocean, this resort will be an added bonus.

new york
Level Contributor
295 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First trip to Excellence Punta Cana, any advice or info?

Relax, have a coco-loco, take a nap under a palapa or beach bed, splash in the waves, cool off in the pool, appreciate the attentive service and let paradise consume you. =)

Natchitoches...
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First trip to Excellence Punta Cana, any advice or info?

Is upgrading to the Excellence Club worth it flip flop? I have heard mixed reviews on this matter.

Thanks!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
61,455 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First trip to Excellence Punta Cana, any advice or info?

sigmanu

It all depends on what you want from your holiday and if the items included in the upgrade package are worth it you you personally. It does give you a better room locations IMHO but the rooms are near enough identical

It is certainly not a prerequisite of having a great trip so I suggest you go through the list of what is included and see if these are important or not. Please note that all rooms not have alcohol in them but the EC rooms have upgraded brands