We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been to Dreams Palm Beach (DPB) recently?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
8 posts
Save Topic
Anyone been to Dreams Palm Beach (DPB) recently?

Hey,

We're traveling to Punta Cana (and the DR as a whole) for the first time from August 7-12th. It's just under two weeks ago and it's safe to say that everyone is more than excited to go!

I was wondering if anyone has been there recently because some reviews that I have read mentioned that the bathrooms are very dirty with mold/mildew growing. Is this just a certain building/floor?

Does anyone know which rooms have been recently renovated or the like so I can call and request those rooms before the trip?

Since I've been doing all the planning I'd really love for this trip to go smooth for the rest of my family that is joining me.

Please let me know, thanks! :)

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
75 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone been to Dreams Palm Beach (DPB) recently?

Up!

I'm interested on this info too!! :)

Perry Hall, Maryland
Level Contributor
84 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone been to Dreams Palm Beach (DPB) recently?

Hi! I just got back on the 30th of July. We were in a second floor room in block 7. We had rooms 7220 and 7219. They were not moldy and pretty clean. Room 7220 did have ants in the bathroom. Not bad and went away. The rooms are in need of renovation. They use flat paint and it has been patched but overall clean and comfortable. I emailed 2x before we arrived asking for a 3 rd floor room and we got 2nd which was great. Blocks 7 or 2are perfectly located in the middle of the resort. It is a small resort anyway so nothing is too far. I would avoid block 1 or 9 as they are farthest from the beach and it seemed to get more humid as you moved inland as it was less breezy.

We had a good time. My kids loved it! Just go with the flow. The people are nice and the resort is beautiful. We didn't spend too much time in the rooms anyway. Food good too. I panicked with all the reviews but was happy with our choice when we saw another resort from a tour we did. Ask me anything!

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
75 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone been to Dreams Palm Beach (DPB) recently?

Good to hear you enjoyed yourself. How was the AC in the room?

Perry Hall, Maryland
Level Contributor
84 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone been to Dreams Palm Beach (DPB) recently?

We were fine. I was actually cold with just the sheet one night. Put a towel in front of the door leading to the hallway. It will block noise as everything is tile and echoes and it blocks any hot air from entering. Room was not humid and much cooler when we did that for the night. The gap is less than an inch, but towel trick works! Learned that one in Florida.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
75 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone been to Dreams Palm Beach (DPB) recently?

Did you stay at the preferred section of the hotel? If so, what was the service like? Did you use the coupons they are offering?

Perry Hall, Maryland
Level Contributor
84 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone been to Dreams Palm Beach (DPB) recently?

We did not stay preferred. We never picked up the coupons either. The coupons are a bit of a scam from what I hear and you have to get them from the time share people. The house wine was ok and my husband doesn't drink wine so I wasn't interested in purchasing any. Spa had its own daily deals.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
75 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone been to Dreams Palm Beach (DPB) recently?

How was the Spa? Do they do couples sessions on the beach?

NJ
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone been to Dreams Palm Beach (DPB) recently?

Do you think it was better having a 2nd floor room rather than a 3rd floor room? I'm hoping I can avoid any rooms with ants, etc but in the case I need to switch I want to know in advance what floor I should request. I have heard good things about block 2 so I will definitely be asking for that section. I want to get these last minute things taken care of since I arrive on Tuesday!

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone been to Dreams Palm Beach (DPB) recently?

Stayed recently as well. Rooms are hit and miss. We stayed Preferred and the room was clean, some relatives stayed Non-Preferred and the rooms looked like dark, dreary crypts.

Also, most of our group of 20 got extreme food poisoning from DPB. Most of the recent reviews indicate the same. So plan accordingly. We ate rice and bananas for the second half of our stay. The Wendy's in the airport returning home was our first real--and good--meal of the trip. Good luck.

Edited: 03 August 2012, 21:38
West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
75 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone been to Dreams Palm Beach (DPB) recently?

Do you know if it was from a specific source? (Like sea food)....