We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swim up rooms

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
14 posts
Save Topic
Swim up rooms

Are the swim up rms at the Excellence resort worth the extra $$. I have told just to ask for a ground floor room as they are just as close to the pool.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swim up rooms

Hi

It is not quite as simple as that as EPC also has loads of ground floor rooms that have garden views. All the pool facing ground floor rooms are classed as swim ups and are an upgraded room type

Personally, I do not like the swim up room at EPC as they majority sit well back from the pool and you will get foot traffic - if you check out my online albums you will find albums for EPC which have shots of the swim up rooms

community.webshots.com/user/flipflop_man

Please note that many of the internal shots of rooms are nor of standard rooms so please check out the labels

The best swim ups are the Non-EC ones around the Cascade Pool but these will be closed for renovation between Mid-August - late October

Edited: 27 July 2012, 18:45
Boston
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swim up rooms

Hi,

have to agree with flip flop bf and I had a swim up by the cascade pool two years ago very nice but as he said under construction so maybe opt for something else happy travels

Charlotte, North...
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Swim up rooms

Thanks!! I will share with the group. A copy more questions do all ground floor rooms have hammocks & which building is the best to stay?? We are not traveling until next year.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swim up rooms

The majority of the ground floor rooms have hammocks - some do not for H&S reasons due to their location

The best building very much depends on the room type you are looking to book and also whether it will be Excellence Club or Non-excellence Club

Charlotte, North...
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Swim up rooms

Not planning on booking in the Excellence club. We plan on just booking the garden view jr suite.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swim up rooms

In that case #1, #2 or #3 facing the wedding gazebo would be an ideal choice - see link to the interactive resort map below

excellence-resorts.com/caribbean-and-mexico-…

Charlotte, North...
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Swim up rooms

Thanks. We have a group of about 8-10 couples going and we are want to try & get our rooms close together as possible. This is our first trip

to Punta Cana.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swim up rooms

I don't like swim-up rooms and would much rather be on a higher floor for the better view.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swim up rooms

Hi again

I suggest you all mention it at the time of booking and also in the lead up to your trip if you send an e_mail to Roberto on

publicrelations.xpc@excellence-resorts.com

Charlotte, North...
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Swim up rooms

Thanks .