We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Change

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,693 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Weather Change

Today continues to be another nice day. The breeze is a bit brisk, but it offsets the sun somewhat.

Tomorrow and into Wednesday we could be in for some very very very much needed rainfall, if a tropical wave currently to the east of us. Showers and thunderstorms are now over Puerto Rico and likely to encompass our region by early morning.

Expect Tuesday and part of Wednesday to be on the damp side.

Later in the week or early next week, we could be paying closer attention to a blob in the mid Atlantic...but for now...way too early to get excited!

Cheers

PCMike

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Change

Thanks Mike for your great weather forecasts. You are the one and only weather site that I look at........lol.

We could use some of that rain here in Ontario.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
16,922 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Change

I will give up my beach day for some much needed rain.

BObK

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,693 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather Change

Bob...you sun-bunny!!!!

Indeed...a welcome change from the non existent rainfall over the past month...way below average. Sure...a few clouds have dropped a few minutes worth, but what we really need is a good soaking rainfall.

Cheers

PCMIke

Glendale, New York
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather Change

We are getting there Saturday, hope the week won't be a wash out!

Sheffield
Level Contributor
33 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather Change

Hi PC Mike, what do you mean by the blob in the Atlantic? We're arriving on Friday and hoping for some good weather

Cheers Tom

Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather Change

PC Mike,

We are arriving in PC tomorrow early afternoon. Based on the Weather Channel the outlook is rain and clouds every day. Do you have any weather updates?

Thank you!

Canada
Level Contributor
506 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather Change

We are at the Iberostar. We didn't hear anything overnight but there must have been a pretty heavy rain and high winds. The beach crews are in full force this morning.

It's very overcast and so far the day doesn't look ver promising ... but it's only 8 a.m. so there's lots of time for that to change :)

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather Change

You are in hurricane season.....a blob is a potential storm.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather Change

been for most parts nice cloudy today, air felt fresh without the high humidity, no rain ben spotted on my own Path through bavaro, Cabeza de Toro, Veron and Cap cana, but I would guess that some areas received short sprinklings.

should be mostly the same for tomorrow, as we are under a weak Tropical Wave which approached our Vicinity from the East and Southeast, wandering with some Waterloads over the Island tonight and tomorrow from SE towards NW.

most of it should stay a good distance south of Punta Cana, but there's no guarantee that we will not get some showers, it's on the Edge Locationwise, the Southshores are def in for some heavy watering the next 48hrs or so.

the Dot in the middle of the Atlantic, located halfway between the African Westcoast and the Lesser Antille Islands, is by the National Hurricane Center since a couple days named Invest 99L, a Tropical Wave which is influencing with a upper level spin a very large area, still no surface circulation present to be named a brewing Storm, but of course chances for such are out there.

IF it will develop into something it would need to be watched next weekend on and ahead, still a lot time to kill til then, no weathersite could foracast today any influence of that Dot on a Area a thousand miles away.

the ones visiting PC next week can styart to watch the Dot's development etc from Friday on, by then the forecasts should start to be in a credible/more relying range.

Happy Travels

Mike

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather Change

Thanks for the update. We head to PC on Friday and my husband is very concerned by the weather reports.