We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Occidental Allegro; any ?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Occidental Allegro; any ?

Wrote my review; should be posted in a couple days with some pictures.

We had a blast! Not the fanciest resort, food so-so, beach and sun were great!

Let me know if you have anything specific you'd like answered.

Vermont
Level Contributor
536 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Occidental Allegro; any ?

How far of a walk was it to Caribe Club Princess?

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Occidental Allegro; any ?

Hey Ash!

My guess would have been about 3 days!

We could only walk about 45 minutes towards your end of Bavaro Beach before the beach ran out and it got rocky. All undeveloped and no resorts with signs posted saying not to venture past patrolled area for your safety.

We did hike up a horse trail to see what was on the other side of the point, all wild past there too! I like the beach better down by where you stayed for walking!

NJ
Level Contributor
305 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Occidental Allegro; any ?

Hi Starz, welcome back! Glad to hear you had a great time.

Its been quiet around here with everyone gone!

Are you nice and tan? I'm so jealous.

Did you buy any nice jewelry? I read that you got sick on the mamajuana, that rots. I won't try that.

Looking forward to your review.

Moe

Moncton
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Occidental Allegro; any ?

starz,

did you guys take the malaria pills? i can't decide wether to take them or not?? were there alot of mosquitos??

also how was the disco at teh allegro? were there alot of people in their 20's?

chrissy

halifax nova Scoia
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Occidental Allegro; any ?

hey how far were u from the "flea market"? were the prices good?

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Occidental Allegro; any ?

We didn't take malaria pills. Didn't see any skeeters. I brought OFF just in case and skin so soft to protect against sand fleas at dusk (tip from a previous post). Never got a single bite. My hubby got a few bites (no see-ums?) We brought cortisone cream which cleared it right up.

The disco was a lot of fun. Opens every night at 11 pm except on Friday night when they have the big pirate theme beach party outside (great fun! This is when I drank too much mamajuana!!) There were many younger people in their 20's at Allegro, probably since it is value priced.

There is a flea market to your right on the beach just before the next resort (Catelonia). It's only a 5 minute walk. I bought a cute coconut necklace, a painting, and some t-shirts. Go to Joe at vendor booth #1 and tell him the BubbaKeg girl sent you! He gives the best deals. Bought 4 bags of coffee from him too for $4 each ($6 at airport).

Moeyni, I bought my daughter a pretty silver ankle bracelet with larimar stones at vendor night at the resort and also a pretty pink coral necklace with pink shell beads and matching bracelet. They had lots of amber and larimar for sale. you will love it!!

Good to hear from you again too:O)

Stinky New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from Occidental Allegro; any ?

Your posting pictures? Yipeeeee will be looking for your review. It's nice to have you back.

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from Occidental Allegro; any ?

Hi Futzy!

Got a few pics of the resort on my review.

Left out the wild and crazy party ones, could be only suitable for a mature audience!!!

halifax nova Scoia
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from Occidental Allegro; any ?

yeah i have my perscription for the malria pills.. knnowing my luck id catch something if i dont take them lol so im taking them haha i dont wanna be sick. im also not drinking ANYTHING with ice or tap water Bottled water for me.. even to brush my teeth.. im not getiing hep lol...let me know when ur posting ur reveiw.

northern maine
Level Contributor
224 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from Occidental Allegro; any ?

hi-- don't be a prisoner. the ice and water in the restaurants and bars are all ok to consume. just be careful in your room and use bottled water there. or better yet----use RUM!!!! have fun!!