We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

secrets royal beach tipping

cleveland, ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
secrets royal beach tipping

We are going to secrets royal beach and I'm wondering if anyone knows if we should tip certain people and how much. We are planning on renting the beach cabana one day with butler service ( which you pay extra for, I think 40) but wanted to know if we tip the butler and about how much?

Also did anyone tip if you were receiving services while floating on the lazy river (pool).? I hear that servers will come around for drink orders. I know everyone has a different view on AI and tipping I just don't want to have good service not tip and us be the minority and then servers etc feel bad. I'd like to know what most people are doing. Thanks.

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: secrets royal beach tipping

We had a swim up room and did not rent the beach cabana. That was about 2 years ago and I think at that time it was closer to $100 for the day.

We did float on the lazy river and the server brought us drinks. We tipped a few dollars after every couple of rounds. Or my husband would give $5.00 early in the day and a few more in the afternoon. Usually was close to $10 a day but she was great. Always made sure we had what we wanted.

We usually did about $2 at breakfast and lunch and $5 or $10 at an a la carte dinner depending on service and if we bought a bottle if wine.

We left $2 or $3 for housekeeping and $1 or $2 for the mini bar filler. We also would leave something for turn down service at night who would also replace towels and put my shoes in a perfect row.

Tipping is an individual decision so it is whatever you are comfortable with.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
287 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: secrets royal beach tipping

A friend of mine told me " you don't HAVE to tip, but if you want to be treated like the queen that you are, you WILL"! She stayed at Majestic last year and I think these words of advice are priceless!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6,032 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: secrets royal beach tipping

You do not have to tip and service will still be the same. I take around $150 or a little more for 7 days and spread it around with who gave good service with a smile.

Lee's Summit...
Level Contributor
512 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: secrets royal beach tipping

What do strip clubs and punta cana have in common? They're the only 2 destinations where I leave my house with 150 dollars in singles in my pocket.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,199 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: secrets royal beach tipping

Don't tip for better service, but just to help them out. They only make $8 to $10 per day. A buck or two here and there means a lot to them.

6. Re: secrets royal beach tipping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 22:15