We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Highway to Open on Thursday

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,769 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
New Highway to Open on Thursday

With any luck my weekly drive to La Romana will be much quicker, safer and more comfortable. It was announced today that the inaguaration will take place tomorrow and the road will open to the public on Thursday...not certain if it is a partial or complete opening. I will know on the weekend when i drive down.

Cheers

PuntaCana Mike

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Highway to Open on Thursday

Any 3rd reason to travel down to La Romana Mike?

j.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,843 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Highway to Open on Thursday

How much time should this road save from Punta Cana to La Romana Mike?

Lee's Summit...
Level Contributor
507 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Highway to Open on Thursday

I'll be interested to see how this effects the area and tourism over the long term.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Highway to Open on Thursday

opening resheduled again, they are at this time of the eve still working, it will from PC to St Dgo not be complete very soon.

to La Romana it will save minimum half of the actual travel time, but it comes with a prize on that private road of course, rumors say that it will be a Toll Fee of 400 Pesos one way, to be cashed both ways, that would be a 20 bucks for a PC-La Romana Roundtrip, but we will see the final fees once they get their act together, and I expect bthat there will be monthly/3-monthly and yearly Fees/Stickers possible to be purchased for the residents.

the good thing, once the Tourist Busses and such traffick switches to use the new Hioghway, the old road will be qyuiet empty and a good and relaxed ride compared to the full traffick of todays, if it is finally a 20 bucks for a safe of 30 minutes of traveltime one way I know somebody who sticks to the ole route taking a coffee or a greenie on the way but with less than half of todays traffick on the ole route.

we will find it out very soon

Mike

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Highway to Open on Thursday

What is the suggested time on the nw highway to get to Santo Domingo? Would love to go but the trave time on our usual 1 week vacation Is daunting

allentown,pa
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: New Highway to Open on Thursday

Mike,

Any idea how long it will take to get to San Pedro de Macoris with the new road?

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Highway to Open on Thursday

Mike...greenie or 3?

Boston
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Highway to Open on Thursday

Mike,

Will the new road from santo domingo to pc be down by november do you happen to know anything? Thanks!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Highway to Open on Thursday

Great news

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,331 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Highway to Open on Thursday

Vocabulary building 101?

never heard of 'greenie" but looked this up:

Greenie (Australian bird), an Australian lorikeet

Greenie (Scottish bird), the European Greenfinch

Greenie (drug), a psychostimulant drug of the phenethylamine class

Greenie (occupation), one who broadly supports the goals of the environmental movement

Greenie (occupation), a member of the Royal Australian Navy, who is an Electronics Technician

So are you taking birds along or using drugs? ;-)