We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food at the Barcelo Palace

Streamwood, Illinois
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Food at the Barcelo Palace

For those of you that have been, what food do you recommend me trying? Either in the buffets or restaurants. What was really good that I should make sure I get?

Or just what was your favorite?

Thanks! a little worried about the bad food reviews, so if there are some tasty foods I want to make sure I get them.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,581 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food at the Barcelo Palace

I think you can rely on those reviews. We were there a few years ago but from what I understand, the food hasn't changed much. Is it too late to move to a different hotel within your budget?

Streamwood, Illinois
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Food at the Barcelo Palace

Yes, it is to late. We had a good experience including the food at the Barcelo Palace in Mexico. I have also heard alot of good reviews on the food here.

I realize there are some things I wont like but they have so many restaurants I am thinking I will find something good. Thats why I am asking out here what are some favorites. I take it you didnt have any?

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,581 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food at the Barcelo Palace

No.

I don't think you can compare Barcelo Palace Deluxe to Barcelo Maya Palace.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food at the Barcelo Palace

okay - now I'm confused. There are 2 different Barcelo Palace resorts?

-never mind - I just realized one is in Mexico! lol

Edited: 08 August 2012, 19:34
North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,581 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food at the Barcelo Palace

And according to my travel agent, the one in Mexico is quite a bit nicer. She has stayed at both while I have only stayed at the one in PC.

The beach at the Barcelo Palace in PC is very nice however and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The food was it's downfall IMO...others may love the food.

Streamwood, Illinois
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Food at the Barcelo Palace

Thanks for your opinion, unfortunately I cannot change my reservation, and I will make the best of it. I am going more for the beach, pool but food is important too. I am not the most critical person when it comes to food. Just want to hear about some foods to look out for either yeah! or neigh :(

Snellville, Georgia
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food at the Barcelo Palace

@ lessch

When are you going to Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe? My sister and I are going Sept 10 - 15 and I am a bit nervous after reading some reviews. This will be our first time to the DR.

Johanna

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Food at the Barcelo Palace

I was also at the Barcelo complex a number of years ago and then again recently I would not agree with the comment that the food quality and selection has not changed. We found the difference to be immense and no comparison to the hotel of 6 or 7 years ago.

Streamwood, Illinois
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Food at the Barcelo Palace

Hi, I will be there Sept 22 - 29. I figure the majority of the reviewers gave the resort 4 out of 5 stars. I am going to be positive. I mostly am concerned about the weather that time of year. The food is only a small part of it for me. The beach, pools rank first.

N. Atlanta
Level Contributor
878 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Food at the Barcelo Palace

I thought the food was good. We stayed at the adults only section but ate at some of the Palace alacartes. Dont worry about the food before you go, that is stress you dont need! One suggestion is to make all your reservations when you get there for your whole trip. Then you will get your favorite dining times.