We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do people expect....

Boston...
Level Contributor
502 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
What do people expect....

by writing a review 3 days into their vacation and bashing a resort. This has been happening more and more. There is a new one on Majestic Elegance and it irks me. Are they looking for something from the resort? Do they want a refund? Do they want an instant upgrade for free for the rest of their stay? A review is just that, a review. If you want to post "live from" that is great. If you just want to trash a resort with some intent in mind, it just doesn't make sense to me. OK enough ranting.

Bruce

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What do people expect....

I agree......................I usually do a "Live From" just to answer questions from people thinking about going to that resort.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
14,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What do people expect....

One only has to look at how many times the words "sucks" or "sucked" appears to give you an idea of the person...who only stays at high end resorts and hotels. I find it a little amusing that the resort is not deemed to be sophisticated, yet the verbal composition tells me that this is an equally unsophisticated person.

Critique is always a good thing and helps resorts and producers of products improve. A few observations....room smells have been noted in other reviews...food quality has been noted in other reviews....staff attention has been noted in other reviews along with the towels...thus nothing new.

I think the bottom line is that the contributor thought they were staying at an internationally rated 5 star resort...not a locally rated resort. BIG difference.

Cheers

PCMike

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What do people expect....

I have noted before that those who go to a resort for special occasions such as weddings, group parties, reunions, and Honeymoons seem to write some pretty bad reviews. I think they get caught up in the fact that for them it is a special occasion and they expect everyone around them to see it that way too and treat them like royality! They seem to expect their Honeymoon vacation to be like it is on TV and in the movies!

I have a friend who has some dealings with weddings and he has told me some pretty bad stories about expectations vs reality!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
61,453 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What do people expect....

I also agree

It is very sad that some people seem to use TA as a weapon - if people have issues with a resort take it up directly with management whilst at the resort and do not resort to the Internet

Review should be done after your stay and not during - as has been said if you wish to do a live from thread that is great

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
584 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What do people expect....

The bad thing of this reviews is that the hotel does not know if they have addressed their concerns to anybody on property and if something was done.

Currently we are having 6 of our Elegance Club Swim Up Suites occupied by honeymooners and none of them have reported any issues.

It can be really difficult to address any of the issues if the people prefers to write on Tripadvisor instead of talking to the hotel...

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
584 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What do people expect....

Hola again,

I have just contacted them in PM to see if they want to pass by the Guest Services Department on order to share their concerns with us.

Un saludo

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
61,453 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What do people expect....

Just a pity they did not pop by before they resorted to putting something on TA

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
584 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What do people expect....

Flipflop, you cannot imagine how we feel so powerless when we read such reviews and we cannot determinate what really happened...

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What do people expect....

Romitelli, what happens when issues are reported with the concierge at the club or front desk but not a manager. I know a couple in our group spoke to a manager (not you and sorry don't know name) and he had no record of the issues previously reported. He was surprised they weren't taken care of.

I am in no way suggesting the people in this case have done anything at all I am just speaking of our own frustrating experience with reporting of specifically room issues such as a toilet running non stop and housekeeping. All easy fixes and non issues if they had of been taken care of. A manager involvement shouldn't be required to have those items cleared.

Maybe the couple have spoke to someone (non management) but gave up and in frustration posted a review. Doesn't mean they are looking for any compensation/upgrades just posting their own experience and opinion.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
584 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What do people expect....

Hola Catchinrayz,

Since your stay over than a year ago (14 months) many water under the bridge has passed in terms of following up with issues and/or reports.

Any guests that comes to the Guest Services, Front Desk or Club complaining about something is given a form where is asked to write down their concerns and issues. The form is scanned, sent via email to all the managers involved and kept in the guests file and updated on a daily basis with the actions taken and follow up: as you say, no need to speak to a manager unless it is not necessary.

Any guests that come to the Guest Services, Front Desk or Club reporting anything they might need is taken care of by the agent there with the difference than now we have a follow up system in which the agent has to introduce the information or need given by the guests and the system generates a #, this # has to be passed to the departament involved otherwise they will not do the report nor enter in the room: this system allows has to keep track of everything that is requested by the guests, I just need to type in the room number or reservation number and in seconds I know anything that was requested by the guest in that room (item, time, to who was reported, who reported, time it was done...)

In this specific case, we do not have any form for the Swim Up Suites honeymooning right now (6 of them) and as you can imagine, by the reports of the 6 rooms I cannot determinate which one is the reviewer that is why we contacted the via PM.

Obviously, this system it is not perfect and will never reach the perfection due the fact that human beings are involved in both sides of the story: guest just requesting something and the agent understands is complaining and guest complaining and the agent thinks is only requesting. Since we have started with it we are implementing many different actions and processes in order to follow up better with the reports and we can only improve more, it is only manner of time.

Hope my reply is not too long and clear enough (without the computer in front it is difficult to make it understand).

Un saludo