We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence PC questions

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Excellence PC questions

I've been browsing this forum looking for some info on Excellence Punta Cana but still have a few questions and it would be great if some of you could answer before I book my trip.

We are looking to travel just after New Year, between Jan 3rd and Jan 11. I was looking at some resort in Holguin and Riviera Maya but was told it was much colder at that time of year and it would be better in Punta Cana.

We've been to the Ambar last February, it was great, but we love playing in the waves and they were quite small at the Ambar... So reading some reviews, Excellence seems to be a good choice.

However, the more I read, I'm not so sure anymore. In January, is it too rough that they won't let you in the water at all? Is it so windy that being on the beach is like a free body exfoliation/sandblasting?

Also I do prefer to sunbath topless at the beach (not around the pool, hence why if it is too windy on the beach I'm not going to enjoy that much being forced around the pool with a top...), so usually I'm looking for a place with more Europeans so I'm not the only one, but read it was mostly Americans... so what is the crowd usually in January?

Any recommendations on other others that are Adult Only?

Boston
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence PC questions

Hi,

been to exellene three times in november the waves are a bit rough good for body surfing not much else. They have a strong riptide their all year long and it is very windy also. Topless is allowed so you will not have any issues with that. Overall a great resort enjoy!

toronto
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence PC questions

someone told me the sea was very calm so I booked there......

Now i'm hearing about stong rip tides.... Please can you tell me if an old person will be able to go in the sea

Calgary
Level Contributor
251 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence PC questions

I was in Excellence in Jan it was not too windy at all, of course you never know.

As for going topless no problem, lots of it.

post #2 if the ocean is too rough in front of Excellence you can walk either way just few minutes, it is great for swimming

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,762 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence PC questions

meyer

The sea is rarely calm at EPC

There are normally waves and some of these can be quite powerful. If you check out my on line album you will find some videos for EPC which are of the beach and ocean

community.webshots.com/user/flipflop_man

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence PC questions

Ok thanks all! I was mostly wondering because I haven't seen much comments about January month in particular and that is the reason we don't go to Cuba or Mexico around that time...

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence PC questions

Flipflop, I was looking at your pictures of Santuary Cap Cana on the link you provided, would you recommend that place? How is it compared to Excellence? I know it is not owned by Secrets anymore, so I was unsure about it, but it was in my hotel choices...

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,762 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence PC questions

Hi

Sanctuary was never actually owned by Secrets as AMResort just manage resorts on behalf of the owners and they lost the contract

Sanctuary is a great resorts and in some ways is better than EPC. Very upmarket with a huge choice of room types and impeccable service levels

We are in fact due to go back there as part of our next trip later next months. hey seem to be suffering a bit just now with low occupancy which is a little worrying

Feel free to send me a PM with any further questions about out

8. Re: Excellence PC questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 17:16