We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist card

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul...
2 posts
Save Topic
Tourist card

What is the "tourist card" that is posted about further down?

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,831 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist card

You pay $10 USD each to enter in the form of a tourist card. There is also a $20 exit fee which is included in tickets from the U.S.

CLARKSVILLE
Level Contributor
261 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist card

The Tourist Card is only valid for 60 days from the time of arrival, and must be renewed to be valid for a longer time. This can be done at the PUJ Airport.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist card

My wife and I will be travelling to Punta Cana in a couple of weeks with our daughter (she is under 2). We did not book a package, so I believe we will have to purchase tourist cards. Will my daughter require one too? She does have her own passport. I would like to purchase them ahead of time online.

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,940 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist card

I believe if you're flying any airline from Canada, except Sunwing/Signature, the tourist card is included and will be handed out on the plane. I don't know about the 2 year old. I assume she'll need one.

Mark

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist card

She will need one. Check with your air carrier. If she is riding on your lap she probably will not get one from the airline.

BObK

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tourist card

Thanks for the info, I will call westjet to confirm if fees have been paid for our daughter as well, she won't have her own seat, but we did pay taxes for her when we booked the flights.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,940 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tourist card

I would bet that Westjet would give you one for her on the plane.

Mark

Port Huron, Michigan
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Tourist card

We are flying in on Air Tran, does anyone know if they give it to us? I have been so swamped at work and have not had time form my normal "forum stalking"!! LOL!

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Tourist card

Hi Jen L,

USA Airlines do not pay the 10$ entry tax. As your flying Air Tran your options will be to either pay for it when you arrive to PUJ or buy it online.

Safe Travels!

Port Huron, Michigan
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Tourist card

Okay, thanks so much for the info. Sounds like it is best to buy online. Something else to add to my never ending to do list!! LOL! I just want to be on the BEACH!!!