We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rossddjs - Are you out there?

Vermont
Level Contributor
536 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
rossddjs - Are you out there?

Rossddjs,

Hello fellow Caribe Club traveler. I think that I saw you there! I couldn't quite tell but you looked a lot like your picture. Do you have a pink top and green flipflops? If so I should have said HELLO!

How was your trip?

Ash

Coastal Maine
Level Contributor
177 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rossddjs - Are you out there?

Ash

If the flipflops were lime green, that could have been us.

We had the names, travel dates and home ports of several couples written down on a paper and never found anyone. But then again, we stumbled across 2 couples who live within 20 miles of us while we were walking on the beach.

We read yor trip report and you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Not a horrible place but most definately not the nicest we've stayed at (nor the best value for that matter). That was our 3rd trip to PC in over that last 10 years (plus once to POP and once to La Romana). We probably won't feel the urge to return to the DR for quite a while and if/when we do we won't be staying at any of the Princess's.

We did have a great time. We've said it before. The time you spend traveling is yours to enjoy or not enjoy. You can have a great time in a bad place and a bad time in a great place and for the most part it depends on how you accept your situation (and not the situation itself). We work hard for the money and time to go on a trip. We're going to enjoy it regard less of location, service, attitudes, etc.

Maybe Barbados or Tortola or Caymans in the fall!

Dave and Diane

Mentioned in this post
Tortola
Tortola
British Virgin Islands
Coastal Maine
Level Contributor
177 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rossddjs - Are you out there?

Just scanned this pic from the photo we bought at the resort. Did we look like this?

http://users.adelphia.net/~rossddjs/pc01.jpg

Vermont
Level Contributor
536 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rossddjs - Are you out there?

So it was you!!!! Darn it! I should have said something - my husband kept saying I should!! And I saw you more than once.

Glad you felt the same about the resort...it was nice, but not really for us. Wish we could join in on some kind of travel this fall but we found out just as we returned from CCP that we are expecting our first child! So no more trips for a little while - at least until the grand parents feel comfortable with babysitting:)

I'll check out your picture now.

Ash

Vermont
Level Contributor
536 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rossddjs - Are you out there?

So it was you!!!! Darn it! I should have said something - my husband kept saying I should!! And I saw you more than once.

Glad you felt the same about the resort...it was nice, but not really for us. Wish we could join in on some kind of travel this fall but we found out just as we returned from CCP that we are expecting our first child! So no more trips for a little while - at least until the grand parents feel comfortable with babysitting:)

I'll check out your picture now.

Ash

Vermont
Level Contributor
536 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rossddjs - Are you out there?

Just saw the picture - it was so totally you I saw!!

Coastal Maine
Level Contributor
177 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rossddjs - Are you out there?

Ash

Sorry we didn't get the chance to meet this time.

Congratulations in the baby. In the years to come you'll have someone new to introduce to the fun of world travel.

Don't start too soon though. We've seen too many people traveling with childen under 10 years old who created a vacation the children won't remember and one that the parents wish that they could forget.

We started taking our 2 daughters to the Caribbean when they were 12 and 13 (every other trip). We've all enjoyed every minute of it and the girls gained the experience and confidence to travel internationally on their own.

Best of luck to you

Dave and Diane

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Vermont
Level Contributor
536 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rossddjs - Are you out there?

Dave and Diane,

That is some great advice! Thank you:)

I do agree...I went to Disney when I was 8 and barely remember it. So after 10 is probably a good age to start traveling with kids. I'm sure we'll get away just the two of us before kids are of traveling age.

Will have to live vicariously though you and others when it comes to travel now. Good luck planning your next trip - hope it goes well.

Ash