We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about bookit.com

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about bookit.com

I am looking for hotel only pricing for five nights in November. The best prices so far are form bookit.com. Plus, I can pay half now, then the rest one month before we leave. This is a site I have never used before. For those that have, is it repuatable?

N. Atlanta
Level Contributor
879 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about bookit.com

I haven't used it personally but have a friend that uses it all the time and swears by it.

Snellville, Georgia
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about bookit.com

I have used bookit.com and had no problems at all. I even gave the website out to several of my coworkers and one of them tried it and loved it.

Edited: 15 August 2012, 00:20
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about bookit.com

I have used it for a few trips. No problems, very nice, great prices. I even used it for our to Punta Cana that is coming up.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,764 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about bookit.com

Just remember that their "Pay-Delay" plan only applies to the hotel portion of the booking and that the rate is not guaranteed until the booking is paid-in-full!

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about bookit.com

That's good to know TravelPro about the rate not being guaranteed! Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions about bookit.com

Used them many times, never a problem. You can always call them if you need to clarify something or change it. Satisfied customer here.

Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions about bookit.com

Prices are good, but flight times are not as flexible as other carriers and there are not as many choices. Great deals to be had if you are not fussy about flight times.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
143 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions about bookit.com

Booked through Bookit a couple of months ago. The prices are good and I definitely took advantage of the pay delay because I booked 4 rooms. Basically you have to pay for the flight upfront then you have two more payments for the room.

The only negative thing I would have to say about Bookit is when calling you are going to be on hold for at least 15 minutes. The last two times I called I was on hold for 17 minutes and 23 minutes. Yes, I actually timed it because the first few times I called I noticed I was on hold for a very long time.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Questions about bookit.com

Have used bookit dot com. They are no better nor any worse than most internet bookilng agencies. Probably the most important characteristic of an online travel booking service would be their customer service. Did not have to use their customer service so I cannot comment on it. We did not have any problems,. I guess that would be a good testimonial.

10. Re: Questions about bookit.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 23:16