We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Resorts in Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
117 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams Resorts in Punta Cana

Has anyone stayed at both resorts or at least saw both resorts>? What did you like or dislike about the resorts?We dont know which one to book for a multi age family. Kids range 2 years old to 19 years. thanks

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Resorts in Punta Cana

I haven't stayed at both - only Dreams Palm Beach. We chose it over Dreams Punta Cana because of the calm beach (our son was 7 and not a strong swimmer) and also the proximity to the airport.

We disliked the small room - especially small bathroom with lack of privacy. We really liked the food and having unlimited a la carte dining with no reservations required. Our son loved all the activities and kids club.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
117 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Resorts in Punta Cana

do you know how far are each of these from airport

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,525 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Resorts in Punta Cana

I have seen both (have not stayed at them but took a tour through). Dreams Palm Beach is closer to the airport, about 20-30 mins depending on how many other stops there are. Dreams Punta Cana is closer to an hour. The beach is very important to us so for that reason I would choose Dreams Palm beach as the water is much calmer there and more kid friendly. I also liked the set up of the resort at Dreams Palm Beach as it is very easy to get around. I have had friends stay at both and they preferred Dreams Palm beach as they said the kids activities were much better there and they also preferred the food at Dreams Palm beach.........

Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Resorts in Punta Cana

I have heard good about both resorts, personally, if I was travelling with a 2 year old I would pick Dreams Palm Beach for the location and the water as the previous poster said. My son visited there when he was 25 with a group between 20 and 30 and said it was perfect for all so given the ages, I think Palm Beach would be my choice. Travelling an hour on a bus with a little one seems more like 2 hours :).

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,804 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams Resorts in Punta Cana

Dreams PB is closer to airport, has calmer water but smaller beach. The resort is compact and nothing a far walk. Dreams PC is more tropical. Wavier water with a huge private beach. Nice show bar complex. Restaurants have more atmosphere. Similiar food, entertainment, kids club. Main difference is wavy water, ambiance(beachy vs tropical) and how busy the beach with resorts on each side at DPB while DPC sits alone. Both are nice and it is just preference..

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,915 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams Resorts in Punta Cana

I've been to Dreams Punta Cana twice, and Dreams Palm Beach once. I prefer Dreams Punta Cana. The main reason is this: DPB has no bars, other than the swim-up bar, that you can sit at, and the seating around the lobby bar is severely limited. So, if it rains, two thirds of the people in the resort are standing.

Another reason is the restaurants. DPC has three restaurants located by the beach, and it's a very cool layout, with a bar right in the middle (should you need to wait to be seated). There's only one at the beach at DPB. I did like the French and Italian restaurants at DPB. I also liked the rooms better there. The rooms at DPC are a bit small, but nice balconies.

Don't expect to swim in the ocean at DPC though. Lots of rocks in the water, and it's rough. Multiple people had cuts on their feet when I was there. The pool is very shallow as well (3 feet deep maximum, if I remember correctly).

DPB is much closer to the airport, but I can live with the longer drive.

But the lack of seating at and near the bars was a deal breaker for me at DPB.

Either one is great for kids, but if you're not taking kids, there are better options.

ohio
Level Contributor
645 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams Resorts in Punta Cana

I have stayed at both resorts... I preferred Dreams Palm Beach. Although both were nice, Palm Beach was the better fit for my family. It was closer to the airport and the beach was much nicer in my opinion. The Dreams Punta Cana had an excellant staff as well....

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
117 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams Resorts in Punta Cana

thanks for your input.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreams Resorts in Punta Cana

if you plan to spend time with the small children in the Ocean, then the Dreams Punta Cana is Off the List, as it most likely would not happen.

the Dreams Palm Beach in Cabeza de toro is just a 15-20 minutes ride from the airport, located at very calm waters. rooms are small at both Dreams Properties if you plan to be more than a Couple/max a couple with one Baby per Room, as for several adults/Couple with big Children the downpoint at both Dreams Properties is the open Bathroom Concept, no Privacy provided on that one.

depending on how many persons you plan to be per Room you may want to look/compare properties who offer Family Suites, there are some in PC.

Have Fun

Mike

10. Re: Dreams Resorts in Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 23:16