We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the best and cheap dates to go to Punta Cana??

New York, NY
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What are the best and cheap dates to go to Punta Cana??

Hello I am looking into traveling to Punta Cana. I want to know what months/dates are good to travel there? What are the peak, non-peak months? Also, what months are good weather wise? Please help, thanks!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the best and cheap dates to go to Punta Cana??

This site will answer some of your questions. Your best bet is to talk with a travel agent to determine peak/ off peak. I'm sure others will post regarding best dates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punta_Cana

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,914 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the best and cheap dates to go to Punta Cana??

Start checking on prices and you will see. Sept, Oct, Nov and beginning of Dec are usually the best prices. For best "in season" sometimes the first 2 weeks of Jan you can get some decent rats. Prices can vary for what ever reason for site to site all during the year.

N. Atlanta
Level Contributor
879 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the best and cheap dates to go to Punta Cana??

The prices can also be good starting end of May, beginning of June thru the summer. June 1st is official start of hurricane season.

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the best and cheap dates to go to Punta Cana??

Best dates are when kids are in school, while school vac dates do differ from place to place I have priced June both before school let's out and after and it's always cheaper before vac starts, same with early sept. also it is often cheaper if you can travel mid week instead of on Sat/Sun. Best time is also subjective on how hot and humid you want it.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the best and cheap dates to go to Punta Cana??

We have always found really good prices for the first two weeks in January and the weather is great that time of year.............

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What are the best and cheap dates to go to Punta Cana??

You will probably find the cheapest rates from August to November. In any case, remember that hotels drastically cut staff during the low season so there may be a drop in service level.

For best price and service, I would suggest months like May and June.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
2,609 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What are the best and cheap dates to go to Punta Cana??

The beginning of December is when I've found some great deals. Just be aware there are less daylight hours. Most people will turn their chairs to face the sun, which puts their back to the ocean about 4 p.m. at some resorts. Still a great time to visit. Not too crowded and not too many kids, which is great if you aren't traveling with any.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What are the best and cheap dates to go to Punta Cana??

Thank you for your comments!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
568 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What are the best and cheap dates to go to Punta Cana??

From our experience: September is the cheapest month to travel to PC. I am not sure if that's the case from wherever you travel from but here in Toronto I have never found a better deal than in September.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What are the best and cheap dates to go to Punta Cana??

September and October are the best prices and lowest Occupancy.