We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Bavaro Question

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wildwood, New Jersey
Level Contributor
36 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Bavaro Question

Hello all. I just read a review that said the only place to get a bottle of beer is the sports bar. It said all other bars on site serve draft only. This can't be true can it? Thanks for any help!

North east, england
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia Bavaro Question

I think this may be right, the bottled beer you have to pay for in the sports bar aswell. When my partner got beer it was always local draft.

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Bahia Bavaro Question

Beagle,

It may very well be true - I have never seen bottles of beer served at the sports bar - when we order beer there, it is always served in a glass.

Glass bottles or glasses themselves are not permitted outside of the bars for safety purposes - if taking a glass of beer or a mixed drink from the lobby bar as an example, onto the patio, there are plastic cups for guests to pour their drink into - strictly a safety issue.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Bahia Bavaro Question

I did see bottled beer in the sports bar when I was there - did not order it myself, but they have a menu of the types of beers offered in bottles (as well as other premium drinks) on the tables. I believe they are around $3.50 and up per bottle.

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
149 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Bahia Bavaro Question

Thanks for posting this question. I am headed to Gran Bahia Principe Esmelerda (something like that) in December and, while I have rarely seen an AI resort serve bottled beer, I am wondering if one can perhaps go off the resort (gasp) and just buy a couple of six packs of bottled beer to keep on hand. I much prefer a cold bottle of brew while chilling on the beach.

Any thoughts from the local experts on this option?

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,385 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Bahia Bavaro Question

Glassware and glass bottles of any kind are not allowed at the pool deck or beach area throughout the resorts and security strictly enforces this.

You are more-than welcome to bring the cans of beer with you from your mini-bar.

Bubba Kegs are another alternative, and the bar staff will be happy to fill them for you.

6. Re: Gran Bahia Bavaro Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 07:16