We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Bavaro Palace- moved to Deluxe Golf Rooms

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MILTON, ONTARIO
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Barcelo Bavaro Palace- moved to Deluxe Golf Rooms

Hi Everyone,

So Air Trasit really messed up!! Going to a weeding in December and 45+ people were booked for the "Air transit superior rooms" Have been notifed that these rooms are now part of the "Adults only sections" so our entire group had been moved to the Deluxe golf rooms. Can anyone verify where these are on the resort?? Are they the rooms infront of the berzy waterpark??

Thanks, been a little stressful!

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace- moved to Deluxe Golf Rooms

Hi Gibby -

barcelobavarobeachresort.com/barcelo-bavaro-…

The AT rooms last year were in the 2 room blocks to the left side between the tennis courts and the beach. I can understand why they would now be absorbed into the Adult Only beach section as they were all originally part of that complex before the hotel was rebuilt.

The Deluxe Golf rooms of Transat I believe are the rooms to the left of the golf club house.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,604 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace- moved to Deluxe Golf Rooms

The 'Deluxe Golf Rooms' overlook the golf course on the western side of the resort. They are nowhere near the Barcy Kid's Club Waterpark.

MILTON, ONTARIO
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace- moved to Deluxe Golf Rooms

Thanks,

Just to confirm the west side. You mean the ones surrounding the Club House? How far are these from the beach?

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace- moved to Deluxe Golf Rooms

Hi there

I have stayed in that section of the resort in may. The rooms are new and very nice with beautiful view of the golf course but they are not on the beach. It is around 5-10min walk or faster on the train that goes around the resort. And they are not near the water park.

First when they put as in that section I wasn't too happy but at the end I really liked that location

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace- moved to Deluxe Golf Rooms

If you have kids and were booking with Transat - then you are better being in the golf rooms than in the block of rooms Transat had bordering the Barcelo Beach.

We liked being in the Transat rooms that were located at the Barcelo Beach because we had no children and used the facilities at the side more than the main site.

MILTON, ONTARIO
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace- moved to Deluxe Golf Rooms

Thank you so much!

7. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace- moved to Deluxe Golf Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 02:18